Best Bhutan Holiday Packages
|Best Bhutan Tour Packages
||No. of Days
|Bhutan Thimphu Punakha Tour
||6 Days / 5 Nights
|5 Days Bhutan Packages
||5 Days / 4 Nights
|Bhutan Family Holiday Package
||5 Days / 4 Nights
|Le Meridien Paro, Bhutan
||5 Days / 4 Nights
|Taj Tashi Bhutan Tour
||4 Days / 3 Nights
Bhutan Tour Package
Bhutan Visitor Information
Area: 47,000 sq kilometres.
Place: Nestled in the Eastern Himalaya in between India and China.
Population: 0.7 million (approximately).
Time: Bhutan is plus 6 hours GMT.
What to Pack: Throughout the warmer spring as well as summer season (Mar-Aug), light clothing with an additional layer for the evenings (jacket or jumper) is advisable. In the autumn as well as cold weather (Sep-Feb), a cozy coat, hat, gloves and also fleece are recommended. Our travel professionals will certainly supply a breakdown of what to bring when you book your trip.
Airport: Paro Airport Terminal is the only international airport in Bhutan.
National Politics: Constitutional Monarchy.
Religion: Tantric kind of Mahayana Buddhism in Drukpa Kagyupa sect.
Language: The main language of Bhutan is Dzongkha, however English is widely talked across the country.
Currency: Ngultrum (on par with Indian rupee).
National Animal: Takin (Budorcas Taxicolor).
National Day: December 17 (1st King Sir Ugyen Wangchuck enthroned 1907).
National Dress: Gho for Guys & Kira for ladies.
Exclusive Bhutan Tour Packages
Day 1 - Arrival Paro - Take a stroll around the main market. Stay overnight at the hotel in Paro.
Day 2 - Thimphu Sightseeing Visit National Library, National Heritage Museum, Mothinthang Zoo.
Day 3 - Punakha visit Dochu La Pass, Punakha Dzong, Chimi Lake and Punakha Bridge and more.
Day 4 - Gangtey visit Wangdue Dzong and the local market. In the evening, stroll around the Gangtey village.
Day 5 - Visit Trongsa Dzong and Ta Dzong. In the evening, visit Trongsa market.
Bhutan, the birthplace of the concept of Gross National Happiness, is usually viewed as one of the happiest places on earth. Adding to the stunning natural scenery is the long-lasting image of the country gifted to a large number of site visitors creating a solid feeling of the society and tradition. Nature, culture, and ethnicity of Bhutan bind the kingdom and clearly distinguish it from its larger neighbors.
Bhutan consumes an area of 38,394 kilometers, thus making it rather smaller than Switzerland or about half the dimension of the US state of Indiana in terms of its geographical size. Bhutan mainly has a rich landscape with mountains along with some productive valleys and savanna, as well.
Tourism in Bhutan
In 1991, The Royal Government of Bhutan privatized the tourist sector, which had previously been run completely by the government. Today the market is thriving, with a large number of tour operators in business. All tourists in the country are carried out according to the principle of sustainability. The total number of tourists allowed to visit Bhutan is limited for the prominent protection of the natural environment, the preservation of the lifestyle of the Bhutanese people, and also avoiding the disruption caused to the socio-financial balance.
The Royal Government of Bhutan insists that all the foreign tourists (excluding Indian Nationals) paying a visit to Bhutan must engage with a packaged scenic tour, with a pre-planned itinerary executing a planned structure to spend a vacation. If traveling in a group isn't your style, there are particular provisions for an independent traveler. You may obtain a little bit even more freedom taking a trip without a group, however, your tour operator to establish standards wherefore you would love to see and do during Bhutan Holidays.
Tourism in Bhutan started in 1974, when the Federal government of Bhutan, in an initiative to raise income and to promote Bhutanese unique culture & traditions to the outside world, opened its isolated nation to foreigners. In 1974, 287 tourists visited Bhutan. The number of tourists visiting Bhutan increased to 2,850 in 1992 and also increased dramatically to 7,158 in 1999. By the late 1980s tourism contributed over 2 Million Dollars in annual revenue.
The overall tourists who visited the previous year were more than 71,000 who were international travelers. And around 183,000 regional travelers hailed to the country. Nevertheless, this number is less than compared to previous years. Most of them came to the country to witness Bhutan’s unique culture and traditions.
How to Reach Bhutan from India
By Air - If you are taking a trip from India, then Bhutan Airlines and Drukair are your ideal options to get to Paro Airport, the only international airport in Bhutan. Most of the international airline companies which serve flights to Bhutan are direct flights, which take you to your destinations in a matter of a few hours.
Book Cheap Flights to Bhutan at Swan Tours. Compare price as well as get the most affordable airfare on international flight tickets to Bhutan. When you decide to take off to Bhutan, hurry and grab fantastic offers on Flights to Bhutan.
By Train - Hasimara is a small town in the Jalpaiguri District of West Bengal. The town is located at a distance of 17 KM from the Indo-Bhutan Border. In order to reach Hasimara, you will certainly have to board a train from Kolkata. For North Indians, you can take a train from Delhi, Kanpur or Ranchi as mentioned earlier. You can visit the Indian railway site to learn about the timing, period & schedule of the trains. We had actually boarded the Kanchankanya Express from Kolkata which got to Hasimara at 10:30 AM in the morning.
By Bus - Jaigaon is the Indian town touching Indo-Bhutan Border. All the formalities to acquire permission, in order to enter Bhutan, will certainly be accomplished below at the immigration office. Every individual will certainly have to get approval to go into Bhutan you can take an Indian car in Bhutan, but you require a separate permit for the car.
When you get a permit for Bhutan, it will just cover Thimpu & Paro. In case you want to go to Bumthang or any kind of other distant destination, you need a separate license.
Ideal Time to Visit Bhutan
The non-uniform terrain of the country leads to diverse weather conditions. Southern Bhutan has a sub-tropical climate, with hot as well as humid summertime’s. The Central parts of Bhutan have a temperate climate, with awesome winters because of the existence of dense deciduous forests. The very best time to book your Bhutan tickets is during the months of October to December, which is marked by sunny skies as well as cool weather, complementing the beautiful landscapes of the country. Book your trips to Bhutan possible to experience the best journey ever before!
Things to be considered while undertaking Bhutan Tour Packages
The Tourists planning their visit to Bhutan are not allowed to witness lots of sites, consisting of some national monuments and also religious institutions. You will only view these locations from the outside. Spiritual institutions are considered living institutions sites for praise and religious ceremonies. Travelers, it is argued, disrupt these day-to-day tasks. Some Dzongs are closed to tourists since they house the regional administrative and religious facility. Tourist is allowed to go into the yards of the Thimphu as well as Punakha Dzongs when the Je Khenpo, Chief Abbot of Bhutan, as well as the monk body are not in residence. Thus, the Punakha Dzong is open to visitors in the summer season, the Thimphu Dzong in the winter. All dzong courtyards are open to site visitors during the tsechus, or festivals.
The Bhutan Tourism authority imposes a tariff on all non-Indian site visitors. The tariff per person is appx USD 250 per day, throughout the peak period, and $ 165 each daily, during the off-season. Bhutan Holidays for Individual tourists and groups of less than 3 people go through an added surcharge of USD 30 each day for a team of two or $ 40 per day for solo tourists.
Bhutan Tours from India: The Bhutan Tours from India are getting popular day by day, as India's economic situation continues to grow, and also because of Bhutan and India's cordial relations. For the aforementioned reasons, the government of Bhutan will be putting in place an appropriate system to regulate and also manage Indian visitors going for a vacation to Bhutan. Under the new system, one of the needs being discussed is the need for Indian tour agencies to have tie-up with local partners, tour operator or hotelier, in Bhutan.
Things to do in Bhutan Tour
What do you expect from the land where nature remains uninfluenced by the urban trails and the rich geographical features including the mighty peaks and pristine culture that tends to welcome its visitors. There are a large number of things to do in Bhutan that you can enjoy once you land at the place, with one of the exclusive Tour Packages for Bhutan.
1. Tiger's Nest/ Taktsang Monastery - The Tiger's Nest is one of the most famous sites in Bhutan that is situated at the side of the cliff wall in the Paro Valley that is a legendary sightseeing place. You will be discovering and witnessing the important figure in the Buddhist religion that is Guru Rinpoche where you need to hike to consuming two hours of your time.
2. Rafting in the Po Chhu river - All the water lovers can hit the rafting opportunities that you attain in the river Po Chhu where joy and thrill surround you, amidst the lush greenery and beauty of the breeze that the place is bound with. The best time that you can choose for the same is the months of March to May and again from October to November.
3. Trekking (Druk Path Trek, Jomolhari Trek, Snowman Trek Nabji Korphu Trek, Merak Sakteng Trek) - If you are a living soul, then engage into the trekking ventures at any of the Druk Path Trek, Jomolhari Trek, Snowman Trek Nabji Korphu Trek, Merak Sakteng Treks that are available in Bhutan where you not only get to participate in the enthralling adventures but also catch insights of the rich environs and pristine cultures under the clear skies and snow-capped mountains enriching the natural landscape.
4. Biking in Bhutan - Are you a biking novice or an expert? No matter how experienced you are, but biking in Bhutan is guided by supervisors from Thimphu to Dochula Pass that is considered to be the best cycling route for all the visitors. Both on-road and off-road cycling is available that one can count on when in Bhutan. The best season that suits your wishlist of biking or cycling is October to December or the spring months of March to April.
5. Festivals in Bhutan - Jump in the several colorful festivals of Bhutan that is celebrated annually in all the places. You get to watch and experience the colorful Bhutanese culture that is full of life and joy amidst the sceneries that are spellbound. Tsechu is the most common and important festival here that is embedded with a lot of folk dances, colors, cultural aspirations and also food and laughter.
6. Visit the Rinpung Dzong - Rinpung Dzong is located in Paro that explicitly displays the innovative piece of Bhutanese architecture where you can experience hiking, watch the splendid views, witness the park valley and also attend the amazing annual festival known as Paro Tshechu. The best time to visit this place is during the months from May to November.
7. Visit Trongsa Dzong - This is another spontaneously visited spot in Bhutan that is the largest dzong fortress, that has huge importance in terms of administration being the headquarters of Trongza Government. Explore the best architecture of Bhutan here as this place houses 25 temples with wonderful passageways, corridors and courtyards present.
List of a Wildlife Sanctuary in Bhutan
There are many national parks and wildlife sanctuaries in Bhutan and the same have been mentioned below, and you can make a visit to all of them through any of the customized Bhutan Holiday Packages.
- The Jigme Dorji National Park: the national tree (cypress), national flower (blue poppy), national bird (raven) and national animal
- Jigme Singye Wangchuck National Park: migratory bird species
- Royal Manas National Park
- Thrumsingla National Park
- Wangchuck Centennial Park
- Jigme Khesar Strict Nature Reserve
- Bumdeling Wildlife Sanctuary: 42 species of mammals, over 700 species of plants, 18 species of snakes, more than 340 species of birds, 4 species of lizards and 200 species of butterflies
- Khaling Neoli Wildlife Sanctuary: Pygmy Hog, Hispid Hare and Elephants, Gaur and many other animals of the tropical wildlife
- Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary: 35 species of the 46 rhododendron species along with barking deer, Hoary-bellied Himalayan squirrel, and the Red Panda.
- Phibsoo Wildlife Sanctuary: spotted deer (chital), Bengal tigers, and Ganges dolphin along with sal forests, a slow-growing evergreen tree
What you must carry for the Tour to Bhutan?
Some of the mandatory items that you are ought to carry on your trip to Bhutan include the follows:
- Warm Jackets
- Rain Jackets
- Hiking shorts
- Winter clothes
- Hiking/trekking boots
- Socks for hiking boots
- Sunscreen for face
- Sun Hats
- Walking Sticks
- T-shirts or cotton shirts
Checklist for Bhutan Tour
- Valid Passport is valid six months from the date of your trip.
- 3 photocopies of any ID proofs
- Air tickets
- Visa clearance
- Master card/ Visa card and Debit Cards and some cash
Best Foods of Bhutan To Eat When You're In Bhutan Trip!
The famous Bhutanese cuisines are fused with a combination of Indian, Nepalese and Tibetan cuisines to bring out brilliant taste explicitly expressing the individuality of the place with scrumptious food. On your trip to Bhutan, you will count on a plethora of dishes that are local and scrumptious.
Some of the famous Bhutanese cuisines that you can experience having when you are traveling to Bhutan are as follows:
Ema Datshi - This dish is made out of chilies and cheese that is fermented. You will be finding this meal at every small or big eatery in Bhutan and you will enjoy having it for the taste it puts in your tongue.
Kewa Datshi - Kewa means potato and kewa datshi is the combination of potato and cheese where the former is sliced accordingly and sauteed with cheese and lots of butter that makes it pretty scrumptious.
Shamu Datshi - This is known to be one of the staple foods of Bhutan where you will be tasting mushrooms that are sauteed with cheese and butter that comes out to become a cheesy saucy stew served with rice.
Shakam Paa - This is a wonderful Bhutanese food that is dried beef cooked with dried chilies and slices of radish. You will be liking it if you are a spice lover!
Shakam Shukam Datshi - This is known to be one of the rare dishes in Bhuta that is not made or available in all the eateries present there. So, this is basically made out of dried white chilies with cheese.
Bhutan Flights from India
You can reach Bhutan conveniently only if you board a flight to the place. Paro International airport is the only one that receives its visitors via airlines. if you are traveling to Bhutan from India, then Drukair is the major international airline that flies to Paro from Kolkata and Guwahati. Bhutan Airlines and Druk Air are the major flights from India (New Delhi, Guwahati, Mumbai, Gaya and so on. With the help of an exotic Bhutan vacation package from Swan Tours, you can easily access the benefits pouring for your travel enthusiasm.
Places To Stay In Bhutan
To ensure a relaxing holiday, our Bhutan tour packages from Delhi include these amazing hotels and resort options. Check it out.
1. Taj Tashi
Located in the heart of Thimpu valley, this is a 5-star luxurious hotel in Bhutan. While staying here, experience the warm hospitality of Taj, yoga and wellness retreat, and other world-class services. You can enjoy a magical getaway if you choose to stay at this property.
Location: Samten Lam, Chubachu Thimpu, 11001, Bhutan
- Located in the heart of the city
- One of the largest numbers of rooms with gorgeous mountain views
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Authentic local Bhutanese cuisines
2. RKPO Green Resort
The spacious, furnished and beautifully decorated rooms in the resort along with modern amenities provide a world-class stay to the guests. The best part about this beautiful resort is that they produce the finest vegetables in their organic garden. So, rest assured you will get to enjoy amazing and fresh food in their in-house restaurant. The location of the resort is extremely convenient for visiting most of the popular tourist attractions in the area such as Punakha Dzong, Punakha Suspension Bridge, and Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup nunnery.
Location: Punakha, Bhutan
- The resort is surrounded by trekking trails
- Business services facilities
- Enjoy meals cooked using organic ingredients
- Bar and open sky bar
3. Namgay Homestay
Among all the budget-friendly stay options in Paro, Namgay Homestay is quite a popular one. The homestay focuses a lot on the convenience of its guests. Equipped with modern amenities and all the necessary facilities, this homestay aims to provide you a comfortable stay experience.
Location: Kempa, Dopshari Paro, 12005, Bhutan
- Popular amenities such as laundry services, WiFi, housekeeping, parking, and more
- Offers a wide range of room categories
Our Bhutan tour packages are well-designed to take you through some amazing sightseeing places. If you are willing to go on a honeymoon tour or with a group of friends, you can enjoy a well-planned and hassle-free vacation with Swan Tours. Most of our packages are crafted in a way to offer something to all kinds of travelers. All the adventure enthusiasts can enjoy various activities in Bhutan like trekking, kayaking, rock climbing, rafting, cycling, and more. So, all those looking for some fun and adventure can book our Bhutan tour packages without any second thought.
Travelers who want to explore the country’s culture and tradition can visit a number of tourist attractions. Some of the popular places included in our sightseeing tours are Gangtey Valley, Tiger’s Nest Monastery, Taktsang Monastery, Phobjikha, and many more places. You can also get deals on our various theme packages like Bhutan honeymoon packages, Bhutan family packages, and so on.
So, wait no longer and explore a range of Bhutan tour packages and choose what suits your travel plan the best with Swan tours at affordable prices. We also provide you with customized packages according to your preference and interest. At Swan Tours, our goal is to make your travel experience memorable and hassle-free. Bhutan tour packages from Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai to Bhutan flights and Kolkata to Paro flights and so on are easily available. For any more queries, you can always reach out to us.
Highlights of Places in Bhutan Tour Packages
|Places to visit
||Chele La Pass
||Gangtey or Phobjikha Valley
|Tibet and Bhutan border
||Punakha Suspension Bridge
||Jigme Dorji National Park