Formerly known as Ceylon, Sri Lanka is an island nation, in the Indian ocean that is at the Southernmost tip of India. This place is completely rich in geography with numerous beaches, rainforests, and plains as well as highlands awaiting the glare of tourists. Plan a visit to this wonderful place, but with an exclusive Sri Lanka tour package provided by Swan Tours.
|Sri Lanka Holiday Packages|
|1. Colombo Bentota Package - 04 Nights / 05 Days|
|2. Best of Sri Lanka Tour Package - 05 Nights / 06 Days|
|3. Sri Lanka Heritage Tour - 06 Nights / 07 Days|
|4. Maldives & Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages - 07 Nights/ 8 Days|
|5. Colombo Bentota Kandy Nuwara Eliya Tour Package - 08 Nights / 09 Days|
Sri Lanka lies on the Indian Plate, which is known as a significant tectonic plate that was previously a component of the Indo-Australian Plate. It lies in the Indian Ocean that is southwest of the Bay of Bengal.
Sri Lanka is bifurcated from the mainland portion of the Indian subcontinent by the Gulf of Mannar and also the Palk Strait. According to the beliefs of Hindu mythology, a land bridge existed in between the Indian landmass and Sri Lanka which now amounts to just a chain of limestone shoals staying above the sea level.
Sri Lanka has 103 rivers and the longest of these is the Mahaweli River, extending to 335 kilometres (208 mi). These rivers give rise to 51 natural falls of 10 meters or more. The highest fall among all others present is the Bambarakanda Falls, with a height of 263 meters (863 ft).
Area: 65,610 sq km
Capitals: Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
Capital city: Colombo
Population density (per sq. km): 324
Rivers in Sri Lanka: 103
Time zone: UTC+5:30 (SLST)
Calling code: +94
Languages: Sinhala, Tamil, English
Ideal Duration: 05 to 07 days
Best Time to Visit: Winter
Religion: Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity and more.
Sri Lanka formerly known as Ceylon, holds its essence in the history where it has been mentioned in Ramayana. Known as the land of Ravana since 2000 years, it is nicknamed as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean and the teardrop of India with Adam's peak as the most sacred mountain of the country. Sri Lanka has been into a huge business of tea in which around 1 million of the total 22 million people are engaged. Adam's Peak is one of the most sacred mountains which for Buddhists is known as Sri Pada and for Hindus is known as Lord Shiva's footprint. If you seek to plan a tour to Nepal, then you can rely upon Swan Tours who are there to offer you Sri Lanka Tour Packages at exclusive prices.
The cultural heritage of Sri Lanka holds solid traces of Indian influences, coming in the form in the Ramayana. Therefore, the mythology frames unique and beautiful connections to the cultural and typical charms of this land. He locals of the place seem to be calm and pristine which lifts the aura of the place and makes your vacation to Sri Lanka positive. Swan Tours' tour packages for Sri Lanka are designed with professional’s expertise which reflects the precision of adding up the land's culture as the scenic tour's main highlights.
1. Colombo - Because it is here you will certainly position your feet first, why not speak about this capital city's sparkle then. Colombo gets all global tourists and a keep below will not be a hassle at all. The city has a good transportation system, alfresco cafes and also well-maintained hotels. It is also a good place to soak in the lively feel of the city's nightlife with drinks and also songs.
2. Nuwara Eliya - Nuwara Eliya is an enchanting hill destination that provides a great as well as peaceful climate. The feel it develops is like that of a conventional English town with colonial-era cottages had tended hedgerows as well clean gardens. This land loaded with picturesque landscape is most definitely a must check out to detox your senses from the never-resting city life.
3. Kandy - Sri Lanka's greatest gem, Kandy is one of the most popular areas to go to that is wrapped by breathtaking panoramas, tea vineyards and gardens. The place is decorated with lush greenery as well as is honored with a temperate climate making it a righteous residence to have a charming holiday. Kandy is known for the temple of Tooth and Esala Perahera, these two attractions are extensively gone to.
4. Mirissa - Exactly what appeared to be a far-off dream holiday in exotic heaven will become a reality in Mirissa in Sri Lanka. This area located in the southerly tip of the country charms every site visitor with its palm-fringed coasts and also thrilling nightlife. In Mirissa, you are to locate some of the best beaches and seafront cafes that are swarmed by travelers.
5. Arugam Bay - Arugam Bay has a number of quality surf hubs and also the most popular ones are Whiskey point, Peanut Ranch, Pottuvil Point, Elephant Rock and also Okanda. This bay is also considered as one of the most gorgeous locations to see in Sri Lanka due to its soft sand, peaceful water, appealing palm trees as well as captivating atmosphere.
6. Polonnaruwa - Poḷonnaruwa is the major community of Polonnaruwa Area in North Central Province, Sri Lanka. Kaduruwela’s location is the Polonnaruwa New Town, as well as the various other parts of Polonnaruwa, which remains the imperial old city of the Kingdom of Polonnaruwa.
7. Galle - Galle is a city on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka. It's known for Galle Fort, the fortified old city founded by Portuguese colonists in the 16th century. Stone sea walls, expanded by the Dutch, surround car-free streets with architecture reflecting Portuguese, Dutch and British policy. Notable structures include the 18th-century Dutch Reformed Church. Galle Lighthouse bases on the fort's southeast idea.
8. Anuradhapura - Another well-preserved site, Anuradhapura was when the center of Theravada Buddhism. A visit here is most definitely an overwhelming experience, adorned with sheer historic treasures and also monasteries occupied by many monks, Anuradhapura is indeed the most effective historical place to see in Sri Lanka.
9. Hikkaduwa - If you seek out a traveling guide for an area merely to practice meditation during sunrise, relax or tour during the day, party at the night after that, it will certainly direct you below at Hikkaduwa. This area that gives a hippie hangout vibe is another treasure Sri Lanka has. It is known as a destination for surfers and also party goers and also it throngs with wild group specifically throughout Hikkaduwa Beach Feast, which is a nightlong fiesta with international DJs a celebration loving crowd.
10. Ella - Feel revitalized and content here at Ella, as it is surrounded by appealing hills and also the emerald forest. It is taken into consideration to be one of Sri Lanka's finest vacation destinations, well-matched to rekindle your love and also to spend time where you could unwind.
11. Haputale - Sri Lankan town, Haputale is often considered as a base while checking out the Horton Plains. Nonetheless, its remarkable location strung on the southern side of the capital country provides an attractive sight to lay eyes on. Haputale offers an outstanding view of the southern plains, the inland, and the shore. The visitors can likewise appreciate quiet nature walks in the middle of the bordering hills. The town is loaded with dynamic shops, and also cozy cafés that are excellent to sit and chat appreciating the town.
12. Unawatuna – This place is known as a sleepy town, commercialization has taken over with travelers of all genres entering from every edge. Unawatuna, a coastal town in the Galle area is a popular beach destination and is also popular for the corals. The tasks that maintain site visitors active are surfing, yoga, cookery classes as well as sunbathing. Besides that, Unawatuna has a great selection of locations to chomp tasty food and also comfy, shoestring places to stay.
13. Dambulla - Dambulla is a picture-perfect house that presents a wide variety of Sinhalese Buddhist Art in its tiny cave that are fitted with statues and also a great job of murals. The factor exactly what makes Dambulla interesting is for the junction that connects Colombo-- Trincomalee and also Kandy-- Anuradhapura roads. Thus, it offers a hassle-free base for travelers.
14. Sigiriya - Sigiriya is most probably one of Sri Lanka's most iconic sites situated 15 km northeast of Dambulla. Sigiriya Rock Fortress is located on a flat surface of a gigantic gneiss rock that towers dramatically. Its vertical walls rise up forming a kingdom of Kassapa where now only the ruins of an ancient civilization exist. And in order to get there, if you are brave enough, you’ll have to climb a series of staircases that are attached to rock walls.
15. Kataragama - One of the most treasured spiritual sites in Sri Lanka, and 19 kilometers further inland from Tissa is Kataragama. This is a sacred expedition site of the Muslim, Hindu, and Buddhist in also to the Vedda people of Sri Lanka.
16. Trincomalee - Trincomalee is a charming seaside town that should be explored. It is taken into consideration to have Asia's finest harbors as well as Swami Rock which is understood to be among the best vantage point for spotting blue whales.
17. Jaffna - The largest town in northern Sri Lanka, Jaffna is quite near southern India as compared to the capital city, Colombo. This area is popular for its many attractions yet most importantly its awesome beaches. Because of a high density of salt, the southerly coast hardly ever sees waves and mainly, it remains still, and also thus, it gives an exceptional place for sunbathing and relaxing.
18. Mount Lavinia - A rural city of the resources state, Colombo, Mount-Lavinia is a visitor hotspot in Sri Lanka. Right here, you could take a long walk along the beach and opt for a fast bite in the city center. This busy city is well known for its coastline tasks and also dynamic nightlife. Additionally, it has a number of loosened up eating places perfect for gathering. Mount-Lavinia also hosts yearly gay pride events and also the renowned Rainbow Kite Festival.
19. Dambulla - Dambulla is a huge community, located in the Matale District, Central Province of Sri Lanka, positioned 148 km north-east of Colombo and also 72 km north of Kandy. As a result of its location at a major joint, it is the centre of veggie circulation in the nation.
20. Bentota - Bentota, a tourist town on the southern coastline of Lanka that delights visitors with an assortment of activities. Surfing, sailing as well as Snorkelling are ever before interesting sports however here likewise lies beaches where you could spend an evening seeing the sunset. A browse through to the sea turtle hatchery and conservation center will certainly offer you tremendous enjoyment, so will certainly a visit to the 17th century fortress as well as old Buddhist temples.
Indian restaurants are as popular as Chinese restaurants in Colombo. Sri Lankan tastebuds are very fond of the rich taste of the spices, tikkas as well as buttery naans of Northern India or the often vegan milky sambars and also vades of the South.