North East India Tour Package
|Holiday Packages For North East India
||No. of Days
|North East Hill Station Tour Package
||4 Days / 3 Nights
|Best of North East India Tour Package
||6 Days / 5 Nights
|Mesmerising North East Travel Packages
||7 Days / 6 Nights
|North East India Wildlife Tour Packages
||7 Days / 6 Nights
|Honeymoon Packages to North East India
||8 Days / 7 Nights
What is Unique about North East?
The geographic adherence of North East with exquisite hill stations, the states bordered by Tibet, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Myanmar, the long-lived tribal cultures inhabiting, the raw beauty of the landscapes and wilds, the national parks and wildlife sanctuary, complimented by the avenues of beautiful weather conditions make North East an ideal location for a vacation.
What is the best way to reach North East?
Assam lying at the center is the most ideal place from where one can commute to other places of North East India. The Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport in Guwahati, Assam and Imphal International Airport in Imphal are the closest airports and Guwahati Railway Station and New Jalpaiguri railway station in Darjeeling is another that gets you to the place.
What is the best time to spend a vacation in the North East?
The climatic conditions of the North East remain mild and moderate throughout the year due to mild and heavy monsoons. The best time to visit the different places in the North-East differs from one another, and the same has been stated below:
- The best time to visit Meghalaya is from October to April
- When it comes to Arunachal Pradesh, October to April is the best time
- If you want to visit Assam, then the correct time is from November to March
Other than the aforementioned,
In the summer season, visit the following places to dip yourself into the soothing weather
Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
Dzükou Valley, Nagaland
During the monsoons, you can visit the following places
Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
Darjeeling, West Bengal
When the winters arrive, make your way to the following places
Roing, Arunachal Pradesh
Which are the best places to explore in North East India?
When you are out to the land of rich flora and fauna, the natural lap of culture and ethnicity, and surrounded by diverse tribal communities, you are enlightened to the uniquely located places that are present in the serene states. Through the North East Tour package, you get to explore numerous places that make your visit to the North-Eastern part of India worthwhile!
Kaziranga National Park: This National Park has been declared as one of the UNESCO Heritage Site which is the home to the unique one-horned rhinos which attract tourists every year, amidst the moist and scenic land of Kaziranga. The best time to visit this place is in the months of November, February and April.
Tawang Monastery: This place rests at a height of 10,000 ft in the land of Arunachal Pradesh from where you get a splendid view of the whole city. The best time to visit this authentic place is in the months from April to October by roads, flights, buses or trains!
Nathula Pass: This can be regarded as one of the most gut gearing spots for trekking that not only is a beautiful with some lakes enhancing its view, but also the scenic presence that is spellbound. The temperature of the place varies from the maximum of 15 degrees in summers to -25 degrees in the winters.
Siang River: Are you a fan of river rafting? If yes, then Siang river is the most ideal location which makes your visit worth in North East. It is located in Arunachal Pradesh with Dibrugarh as the starting point of the rafting session! Pay a visit during the months of October to November.
Cherrapunji: This place can be regarded as one of the most admirable places in Meghalaya which is the wettest with living root bridges and known for its downpours. Camping is a good option when you are there, during the months from October to May.
Madhuri Lake: This lake has been named in the honor of the Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit which is a savoring place to visit in the Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh. You can enjoy the best momos there, when you pay a visit during the months from April to October.
Jaintia Hills: Made out of limestone deposits, the Jaintia hills are located in the heart of Meghalaya which makes its tourists spellbound. You will be addressed to a number of shallow and long caves making it an utterly adventurous location to wander and spend quality time.
5 best things to do on your North East tour
Swan Tour’s wide range of North East tour packages allows you to visit the state of your choice. North East has something to offer to all kinds of travellers - adventure enthusiasts can indulge in adventure activities, beautiful sceneries and landscape for nature lovers, and so on. Some of the top things to indulge in on your North East tour are:
1. Visit Kaziranga National Park - On your visit to this wildlife protected area, spot rare wildlife species and make your North East trip more memorable.
2. Trekking - Trekking is a famous activity to undertake in the North East. The top trekking destinations are Dzukou Valley, David Scot trail, Sandakphu, Namdapha National Park, Goecha La Trek, and Laitlum Canonyan.
3. White water rafting - White water rafting is one of the most famous adventure activities to participate in North East. Enjoy the thrilling experiences at these places and choose the level of difficulties as per your experience - Manas River, Teesta River and Rangit Rivers in Sikkim.
4. Partake in beautiful festivals - Festivals in the North East showcase their rich culture. A few of the popular festivals celebrated in North Eastern states are Losar and Dree Festival in Arunachal Pradesh, Bihu Festival in Assam, Wangala Festival in Meghalaya.
5. Experience the vibrant nightlife - North Eastern states provide no dearth of bars, discos, good restaurants and cafes that make travellers feel alive and excited. Some of the best places to go to enjoy nightlife at its best here are Orange Restaurant & Lounge Bar in Tawang, Cafe Live Loud and After Dark in Gangtok, Cafe Shillong and Dylan’s Cafe in Shillong.
Tips for North East tour
Following are some of the important tips you should keep in mind for North East tour:
- Pre-book your hotels, flights in advance to avoid last-minute hassle
- Ensure that hotel rooms are safe and properly sanitized
- Prefer backpack to luggage if you plan to travel for a brief period
- Carry important documents such as ID proofs, copies of ID proof, and passport size photographs
- If you plan to travel during the monsoon, remember to carry a raincoat, poncho or an umbrella
- During winters carry thermal and a heavy jacket while in summer a light sweatshirt will solve the purpose
- Keep a personal first aid kit or your prescribed medicine in your bag
- Carry trekking gear, flashlight, comfortable shoes if you are partaking in camping/ trekking
- Carry an empty plastic bag to dump all the trash etc
Explore this beautiful unexplored land with Swan Tours customizable North East tour packages. These packages are the best way to discover the breathtaking beauty of these beautiful states. Also, our itinerary is specially designed to ensure a wonderful experience. One can also customise these packages as per their budgets and preferences. As we know North East India comprises 7 states - Assam, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura and each state is a traveller’s paradise with picturesque hills, wildlife sanctuaries, national park, green meadows.
Explore this mystic land with Swan Tours North East tour packages that include all the famous sightseeing tours that need to be visited on a tour to North India. Enjoy a memorable experience with your close ones like never before!