The beauty of Myanmar country is defined by countless shimmering pagodas, unlike landscapes and also sealed culture that still little touched by Western Influence. For a couple of years since Myanmar opened its door to the world, there is so much to discover from thrilling Bagan plain to the far north mountain of Putao, from the peaceful Inle Lake to the wild 800 islands of Mergui Archipelago. Our Myanmar tour packages offer comfortable stay at Myanmar hotels, sightseeing, and fun-filled activities.
Myanmar Tour Package
Official Name: Republic of the Union of Myanmar (still widely referred to as ‘Burma’)
Time: UTC + 6:30 hours
Country Phone Code: +95
Capital City: Naypyidaw (moved from Yangon in 2005)
Largest City: Yangon (formerly known as Rangoon)
Primary Religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam
Drives on the: Right (vehicles still have the driver side on the right)
The charm of Myanmar country is defined by countless shimmering pagodas, unlike landscapes and sealed culture that still little touched by Western Influence. For few years because Myanmar opened its door to the world, there is so much to uncover from enchanting Bagan plain to the much north mountain of Putao, from the tranquil Inle Lake to the wild 800 islands of Mergui Archipelago.
Even more, we work with you to create a unique Myanmar tour to suit your specific interests and preferences. Contact and let us assist you every step of the way to Burma.
Traveling Tips for Myanmar Tour
- If visiting a market near a temple, you'll possibly discover a vendor selling caged birds. These aren't family pets but are instead suggested to be purchased and also set free by worshipers so they can earn good karma.
- WiFi can be found in Myanmar; however, it's often very, very slow. Book as much of your traveling and holiday accommodation online as possible before your trip to avoid needing to make use of the internet while in the country.
- Cash is Key. The majority of shops and restaurants in Myanmar do not accept card payment. Bring both US dollars and kyats with you: US bucks for large transactions (hotel bills, transport tickets, etc.)
- Book as much as you can ahead of time for a scenic tour in Myanmar, as lots of areas of the country do not have adequate hotels and also simple transportation.
- Men, get ready to shake your wardrobe. The longyi is a wraparound skirt worn by both men and women in Myanmar. Visitors are encouraged to wear them as well!
- Myanmar has seasonal climate so please do check up on the very best time to go to Myanmar before planning your Myanmar tour.
- Burmese is the official language of Myanmar. English is widely spoken throughout the country.
10 Famous Temple in Myanmar
As you probably already know, Myanmar is one of the most devout Buddhist countries in the world. From south to north and also eastern to the west there are thousands as well as countless temples scattered along the fields, valleys and mountains.
How to Dress When Visiting Temples in Myanmar
When visiting temples in Myanmar, you have to dress conservatively in order to respect the local culture. This means that you will certainly have to cover your shoulders as well as knees. You can wear a t-shirt as long as they cover your shoulders.
Both women & men should follow the same dress code. If you intend to use shorts for the day however you additionally want to check out some temple, just bring a scarf with you and link it around your waist when entering a temple.
- Shwedagon Pagoda – Yangon
- Tooth Relic Pagoda – Yangon
- Lawkaoushaung Temple, Bagan
- Buangdawgyoke Pagoda, Yangon
- Bayin Nyi Monastery, Hpa An
- Sulamani Temple, Bagan
- Gawdawpalin Temple
- Sein Nyet Pagoda
- Htilominlo Temple: Ode to an Umbrella
- Ananda Temple: The One Perfect Temple
Best Time to Visit Myanmar (Burma)
When considering the best time to visit Myanmar (Burma), think about what it includes three major reasons: the hot season from March to May, the wet season from June to September and the cool season from October to February.
Although it is a year-round destination, the best time to holiday in Myanmar (Burma) is the cool season (October to February) when the temperature levels are much more moderate as well as there is little or no rainfall. Myanmar can become incredibly busy throughout this time, so plan your go too well ahead of time. Visiting Myanmar (Burma) throughout the hot or wet season has the benefit of fewer tourists and therefore lower prices. The wet season brings quick but hefty showers, mostly in the afternoon, which seldom impact touring and also brings Myanmar (Burma)'s lavish landscapes to life.
Myanmar (Burma), Month by Month
- January, as well as February, is both great months to go to Burma as it's dry across the board as well as temperatures have not yet reached suppressing.
- March and also April where temperatures will rise considerably, especially in central areas around the previous capital city of Yangon (once known as Rangoon).
- The hot weather is a prelude to Burma's monsoon season which takes place from May all the way via the summer months of June, July, and August.
- Rainfall tends to fall in the afternoon and also an early night with numerous resorts along the coastline, consisting of Ngapali Beach, closing down entirely.
- September and October are still soggy, particularly in main as well as southerly locations, whilst Mandalay, in the north, will start to see less rain and steadier temperatures.
- Some consider November or December the most effective times to see Burma however things can busy and accommodation will get booked up as the storm cloud clear to leave lavish green vegetation, fast-flowing rivers as well as cascading waterfalls.