Spending a vacation in North India has been an immense want of travel enthusiasts across the globe! There are many states and union territories lying in North India like Jammu & Kashmir, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh. Every place in Northern India has something special to speak about itself, its culture, ethnicity, and diversity. If you are yearning to get set go on a journey to North India, then the best way is to pick up the most suitable North India tour package from Swan Tours. In this package, you get everything from sightseeing, transfers, accommodation, security and food exploration followed by much more.
North India Packages
Best of North India Tour Packages With Budget Price
|Best North India Tour Packages
||No. of Days
|North India Luxury Tour
||7 Days / 6 Nights
|Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour for 7 Days
||7 Days / 6 Nights
||Rs. 14, 500
|Best of Himachal Tour (North India)
||11 Days / 10 Nights
|Golden Triangle Tour With Varanasi
||13 Days / 12 Nights
|15 Days North India Tour
||15 Days / 14 Nights
||Rs. 40, 999
What makes North India the best sightseeing destination?
When you think about North India, many things come into your mind that you must focus on. There are multiple cities in North India from Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan, Chandigarh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, and Uttar Pradesh. From mystic monuments, and rich cultural heritage coming from the Mughal era, to the sumptuous foods to explore and the alluring natural landscapes and hill stations all reside in the Northern part of the country. Whether you want to go out on a pilgrimage tour, watch out for the best romantic place to travel with your spouse or go out for a solo trip to the meadows and valleys, North India gets you covered with all that you need. But all this comes into possibilities, when you treat yourself to a wonderful North India Tour Package.
Which are the most popular places in North India?
1. Dilwalon ki Dilli
Crowned as the capital city of the country, it becomes the center of attraction for every person in and outside the country. It is the most spoken of, for its cultural diversity, customs and rituals, myths and monuments, the feel of food and the shopping havens. Not only is Delhi the busiest, populated and full of life, but it holds significance in the history of India to a large extent. There are a large number of places that you must not miss out while visiting Delhi:
- Hauz Khas Village: At a distance of 13 km from the city center, the Hauz Khas village has a set of numerous building that is both beautiful and hold their ensemble in the medieval times. The maintained greenery and parks out there add charm to the glance of the tourists with a large number of beautiful cafes and shopping centers fixing hearts!
- Humayun Tomb: Humayun Tomb is the first garden-tomb on the Indian Subcontinent which is known for its stunning architecture that was crafted by Humayun’s son Akbar with red sandstone.
- The Red Fort was constructed using red sandstone which is one of the oldest shrines of the Mughal era with architecture defining the historical significance. It is now since 2007, one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- India Gate is the symbol of Delhi, which is the All India War Memorial dedicated to the 82,000 soldiers, both Indian and British who were martyred during the First World War and Third Anglo-Afghan War.
There are many other sightseeing places to explore in Delhi like the Bangla Sahib Gurudwara, Jama Masjid, Akshardham temple, National Zoological Park, and many shopping hubs like the Connaught Place, Karol Bagh, Sarojini Nagar and so on.
2. Himachal Pradesh:
- Manali: Manali is one of the top spotted hill stations in Himachal Pradesh lying at one end of the Kullu Valley with major attractions like the Rohtang Pass that witnesses the maximum tourists during the summer season.
- Shimla: Known to be the most popular hill stations of Himachal Pradesh, it is also the capital city of the latter. Starting from the posh Mall road, it has the Ridge, several adventurous activities and is a perfect destination getaway for honeymooners as well as families.
- Mcleodganj: It is a hill station situated near Dharamshala which is another popular place in Himachal Pradesh. Mcleodganj is commonly known for its propagation of the Tibetan culture and is an authentic platform for several adventure sports like trekking.
- Kasol: It is a small village which aims to offer its visitors the best views and experience of nature. It is the best place to perform or participate in both trekking and camping!
- Tirthan Valley: The valley from the Tirthan river is covered by the great Himalayas which is completely capped by snow. The place is the best known for trout fishing and witnesses immense tourists throughout the year.
Dharamsala, Kasol, Spiti Valley, and many other places are there that make its visitors spellbound.
Punjab is a state that borders Pakistan! With its majority population belonging to Sikhism, it has the holiest Gurudwara (Golden Temple) in Amritsar. There are numerous popular places to explore in Punjab like Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, and so on.
- Amritsar is popular for being the home to the Golden temple which is visited by thousands and thousands of tourists throughout the year, making it a popular pilgrimage spot in India.
- Sirhind: It is one of the holiest places located in Punjab, holding its significance in the rich culture and religion of the Sikh community.
- Wagah Border: This place is located at a distance of just 22 km from Lahore and 28 km from Amritsar that binds it within the coverage of Pakistan and India.
Other popular places in Punjab include Bhatinda, Pathankot, Patiala, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and so on.
4. Jammu & Kashmir:
It is the Northernmost state of India which has been a point of dispute since times immemorial in the countries of India and Pakistan. This place consists of numerous places that make you spellbound!
- Srinagar: The most sought place of Jammu & Kashmir is Srinagar which lies on the banks of Jhelum amidst the beautiful skies and valleys. Apart from that, Srinagar indicates the love and beauty of nature and romance.
- Leh Ladakh: Leh and Ladakh are mentioned to be the heaven on Earth for it are located in a perfect location where the Himalayan and Karakoram ranges fence it thus, offering breathtaking views for its travelers.
- Jammu: With several shrines of Gods, Jammu forms a beautiful part by offering enhancing aroma, food to taste, and a panoramic view that leaves you spellbound.
Things to do in North India
- When you visit the vast breadth of North India, you get to experience activities that will make you go crazy!
- Some of the most unforgettable things to do in North India are:
- An Excursion to the Golden Triangle
- Pay a visit to the temples of Mathura and Vrindavan
- Go out to the hill stations of Himachal Pradesh
- Visit all the pilgrimage sites and houseboat rides in Jammu & Kashmir
- Spend a royal life in Rajasthan and tuck in savory foods
- Get into the yellow fields of Punjab and taste the authentic cuisine of Chandigarh
- groove with the gush of adventure sports in Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
What is North Indian Food Like?
Food has been always an integral part and participle of North India which has mesmerized not only its local people but its visitors coming from far away places. From vegetarian food to non-vegetarian foods, North Indian cuisines are rich in spices and have a string taste that lingers in your mouth for long.
- Chole Bhature
- Gajar ka Halwa
- Kashmiri Rogan Josh
- Dal Bati
- Chaat Varieties
- Butter Chicken
- Kadhai Paneer
- Rajma Chawal
- Dal Makhni
The above-mentioned food variations are known to be the utmost exquisite cuisines of all the states of North India which are relished by the tourists.