Haridwar is the most popular pilgrimage spot all across India that is visited by masses not only from the country but even from foreigners visiting India. It is a holy spot that is located on the banks of the mighty river Ganga in the Northern state of Uttarakhand. There are a large number of sightseeing spots that hold huge importance, like the holy Har ki Pauri where it is believed that taking a dip can wash away all the sins. Do not miss the chance to explore all the spiritual spots of the place by booking an exclusive Haridwar Tour Package at Swan Tours.
|Haridwar Tour Itinerary||No. of Days||Price*|
|Haridwar Rishikesh Mussoorie Package||03 Nights / 04 Days||Rs. 15,300|
|4 Days Haridwar Package||03 Nights / 04 Days||Rs. 16,400|
|Best of Haridwar Tour||05 Nights / 06 Days||Rs. 21,650|
|Delhi to Haridwar Rishikesh Tour||05 Nights / 06 Days||Rs. 28,850|
|7 Days Tour from Haridwar||06 Nights / 07 Days||Rs. 33,650|
There are multiple reasons justifying the fact as to why Haridwar is a brilliant place to plan your next spiritual vacation.
1. Ganga Aarti: One of the most vibrant activities to watch in Haridwar is the evening Ganga Aarti in Haridwar that is conducted in the Har ki Pauri ghat that had been built by King Vikram. The aarti is divine, with rituals being performed regularly in the sight with innumerable gatherings of individuals.
2. Har ki Pauri: This Ghat is meant to be sacred for Lord Vishnu had taken a bath here, as believed by the local people of Haridwar. It is regularly visited by the devotees and tourists to seek blessings and take a dip that will rinse off the sins and adhere the purity.
3. Chandi Devi Temple: This temple that is dedicated to the deity of Lord Durga who is an incarnation of Lord Chandi. It is believed that it is a wish-fulfilling holy place where all the wishes come true. This place can be reached via a ropeway that takes a maximum of 45 minutes.
4. Manasa Devi Temple: Perched on the Shivalik Hills, this temple is a recognized Siddhapeeth dedicated to the Nag King Vasuki and his companion that is Goddess Manasa.Thus, it is one of the most visited pilgrimage spot by the devotees.
5. Bharat Mata Mandir: Only by the name we can understand that the temple is dedicated to the Mother India that is situated in Sapt Sarovar. It has been dedicated to the honor of the martyrs and freedom fighters struggling for Independence. It is a symbol of unity and diversity and patriotism of the country's fellows.
6. Vaishno Devi Temple: Haridwarhas another replica of the Vaishno Devi Temple that is situated in Kashmir. It is basically marked by tunnels and caves and is dedicated to the shrines of Vaishno Mata.
7. Daksha Mahadev Temple: Dedicated to the deity of Lord Shiva, Daksha Mahadev temple is situated in Kankhal that is just 3 km away from the city center. It forms a major attraction spot in the city that is visited by tourists throughout the year!
If you have planned to choose Haridwar as your next holiday getaway, then the best time to visit the same is from the month of October to February. This is because the weather remains cool, calm, pleasant and offers a splendid environ for tour, and activities.
Haridwar is a place that is well connected to all the major cities and towns of the country. The closest airport to Haridwar is Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport and also Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. If you choose a train, then Haridwar has good connectivity with the railway system that will connect you to the place from all major cities.
Q. Why is Haridwar popular?
Ans: Haridwar is a popular pilgrimage spot that is sacred because it is believed that Lord Vishnu took bath in this place that makes this place holy to wash away all the sins of human beings. It is also known as the gateway to the "Char Dham".
Q. Which are the activities to do in Haridwar?
Ans: The popular things to do in Haridwar are:
Q. Which places can you visit in Haridwar?
Ans: The major places that you cannot skip visiting in Haridwar are:
Q. Which are the popular foods to explore in Haridwar?
Ans: Some of the basic yet most popular foods to explore in Haridwar are as follows:
Q. What is the perfect time to visit Haridwar?
Ans: The best time to pay a visit to Haridwar is from the month of February to March and from August to October that does not expose you to extreme hot or cold seasons.
Q. Which are the nearest airport and railway station to Haridwar?
Ans: The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport that is located at a distance of 38 km in Dehradun and the nearest railway station is the Haridwar Railway Station that is well-connected from all the major cities of the country.