Gulmarg is known as the Meadow of Flowers, as its name denotes in the local language. The place is situated at an elevation of 2730 m above the sea level and is famous for the presence of the Pir Panjal range at the backdrop that is covered with a blanket of snow. You will be mesmerized with the utterly beautiful natural structure of the place that is embedded with flowers, meadows, Gondola rides, deep ravines, forested valleys and so on. Gulmarg is utmost famous for the adventures like mountaineering, trekking, snowboarding and skiing.
Best Time to Visit Gulmarg
The most favorable time to visit Gulmarg is during the months from March to June that falls under the spring and summer season that is filled with adventure sports, flowers blooming in the meadows, and also the scenic views of the pleasant geographical location. You can spot apple orchards and flora species in large numbers.
How to reach Gulmarg?
If you want the most convenient mode to reach Gulmarg easily, then you must take a flight to the nearest airport that is the Srinagar International Airport. Furthermore, if you want board a train,then reach out to the nearest railway station that is Jammu railway station which is located 290 km away from Gulmarg from where you can catch a bus or a cab to reach the destination.
Places to visit in Gulmarg
There are countless places that you can count on when in Gulmarg and some of the major ones have been denoted below:
1. Gulmarg Gondola is one of the most known attractions in Gulmarg that is distanced 4 km away from the city center and is the highest cable car in the world with the best views of the Khilanmarg and Gulmarg combined for its tourists.
2. Khilanmarg is 5 km away from the city center that is a beautiful sightseeing spot that is covered with meadows of flowers of different species and colors. Every nature lover will enjoy strolling along the place and click an myriad of pictures.
3. Alpather Lake is situated on the foothills of the Apharwat peak that is 7 km away from the city center and a one day trek from Gulmarg which is 13 km away. The lake is found frozen during the winter season and large chunks of ice floating on the lake.
4. Maharani Temple is a famous pilgrimage spot that you will come across in the center of Gulmarg that holds both historical and religious importance for the localites who reside there. It is said that the rituals are performed with Muslim priests out there!
5. Ningli Nalla is situated at a distance of 8 km away from the city of Gulmarg. It is another mountain stream that showcases beautiful scenery as it is covered with a blanket of snow and lush green pastures spread wide across.
If you are willing to opt for the tour packages for Gulmarg on your journey to Jammu and Kashmir, then make sure that you cover all the beautiful sightseeing places out there and also travel in the suitable climatic conditions, guided by the Swan Tour representative and informing you about everything you come across from food, places, stays, and so on. Book Kashmir tour package with Swan Tours at best price and discover Gulmar, Pahalgam, Somnatc ETC.