Agra charms a great deal of interest from people around the world. This is since it is the essence of love. Swan Tours Agra tour packages includes see to the wonderful Taj Mahal along with various other monoliths of Mughal Heritage. Shopping in Agra is likewise an indispensable component of tour packages to Agra. Tourists love to acquire memorabilia as well as keepsakes of little Taj Mahal full with the inlay job over fine marble.
|Best Agra Tour Itinerary||No. of Days||Price*|
|Enchanting Agra Tour Packages||01 Nights / 02 Days||Rs. 8, 499|
|Best of Agra Holiday Package||01 Nights / 02 Days||Rs. 10, 199|
|Exotic Agra Tour from Mumbai||01 Nights / 02 Days||Rs. 11, 500|
|Magical Agra Tourism Packages||05 Nights / 06 Days||Rs. 34, 888|
|Blissful Tour Packages to Agra||06 Nights / 07 Days||Rs. 37, 100|
Lying in North India, Agra is the home to numerous monuments holding their legacies in rich history, but the Taj Mahal being the most sought tourist mausoleum built by the Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan in the honor of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is a symbol of love which was constructed with white marble and laid with precious stones on the inside. You can visit Taj Mahal and the other popular heritage sites / monuments during the Agra Tour Package customised by Swan Tours.
There are several places in Agra that you cannot miss out without exploring, and some of the major attractions have been enlisted below for educating you before the travel actually begins.
The Taj Mahal can be considered as the monument of love which was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal with white marble stone. It has been the most attracting spot not only for couples but every sort of a traveler since time immemorial throughout the year which has made it one of the seven wonders of the world.
Fatehpur Sikri is just 36 km away from Agra which s made out of red sandstone. It was prestigious to be known as the capital of Mughal Akbar, which is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a place that is frequently visited by the tourists throughout the year.
Also renowned as the Lal Qila, Agra Fort is also known as the Red Fort of Agra which is another UNESCO World Heritage Site located at a short distance of 2.5 km to the Northwest of the Taj Mahal. This monument had also been constructed with the red sandstone as its base started by the Mughal emperor, Akbar.
Also known to be the baby Taj, Itimad-Ud-Daulah's tomb is located on the bank of the Yamuna river which was built by Queen Noor Jahan for her parents. It had been constructed in the middle of the Persian Garden using yellow marble.
Another most exciting visit is to the Tomb of Akbar adding to another popular monument of the Mughal architecture at a distance of just 7 km from the city.
Apart from Delhi, there is another Jama Masjid there in Agra which is a simple mosque built by Jahanara (the daughter of Shah Jahan) with red sandstone which is another ensemble of the Mughal times and is still used as the main mosque in the city.
If you want to take a stroll along the beautiful Mehtab Bagh, then you just need to travel 3 km away from the city center to reach the place. It lies to the North of the Taj Mahal on the opposite side of the Yamuna river offering beautiful scenic views to the visitors.
Dolphin Water Park is a water park where you can spend entertaining half of your trip to Agra. It is spread over an area of 14 acres with slides, roller coasters, rides and many other thrilling activities that will win hearts of the kids in particular!
Ram Barat: This is known to the most-awaited and joyous festival in Agra which is witnessed by 20 lakh masses from within and outside the city in total. It is held in the month of September which is considered to be very important by the North Indians, as the ceremonies of the divine marriage of Lord Ram takes place, where the decoration is the most authentic thing to admire.
The Taj Mahotsav: Taj Mahotsav is another core festival that is brightly celebrated by the masses of Agra. It is a ten-day ongoing festival which witnesses showcasing of variety of art, dance, craft, and cuisines where several artworks of artisans are presented in front of the visitors. The food is wonderful and deserves to be explored accompanied by a Fun Fair for children.
When it comes to plan a tour to Agra, then you must always wait for the best time to spend the vacation or trip without any hurdle. So, the months from October to March are the most suitable for spending a vacation in the midst of the pleasant weather. As the summers get to an extreme scale of 45 degrees at the maximum, so this period is perfect for a vacation.
Agra is known to be one of the major historical locations that is visited frequently by tourists. If you want to visit the place, then there are multiple choices to opt from.
If you are choosing airlines, then the nearest airport to Agra is the Kheria airport which has a direct flight only to Khajuraho and Gwalior. So, other than that, Delhi airport is at 4 hours distance, Jaipur at 3 hours distance and Lucknow at 7 hours distance from Agra.
If you choose railways, then the most common are the Agra Fort and Agra Cantt. Apart from them, Delhi, Varanasi and Jaipur railway stations also connect you to the place.
If you are choosing roadways, then the Taj Expressway offers you the best road travel from Delhi via Greater Noida. Or else, you can also take a bus ride from the Anand Vihar terminus in Delhi.
Swan Tours has been endorsed as one of the best travel agencies assisting its clients for both domestic and international tours since 1995 with Agra Tour Packages. It is not only responsible for booking tickets for travel, and accommodation, but takes care of your security throughout the transfers during the sightseeing ventures. Enjoy your trip to Agra to the most with the customised tour packages designed exclusively for you by Swan Tours .
If you are looking for a memorable Agra trip, Swan Tour’s Agra tour packages are the perfect pick for you. Check out the list of things you can enjoy by booking our package.
1. No Agra Tour is complete without visiting the iconic Taj Mahal. For most people, the Taj Mahal is the reason they visit Agra. It definitely has to be on the top of our things-to-do list.
2. Shop your heart out at Sadar Bazaar. You can get souvenirs of the city and there are multiple stores having items of daily use. The market is also known for leather and marble goods. Furthermore, you can enjoy good food from a number of restaurants or street food stalls in the area.
3. Plan a visit to one of the many festivals the Agra tour offers. The Taj Mahotsav is one such amazing festival and is also one of the biggest events in North India. The other festivals include Ram Barat, Balloon Festival, and more. Select from our customizable Agra tour packages to get the best deal.
4. Enjoy a wide variety of food ranging from Mughlai cuisines to the famous petha of Agra. You must include a day to taste Mughlai dishes like Biryani, Aloo Gosht, Korma, Keema Matar. You must try them out at dhabas, local restaurant to get the most authentic flavor. For desserts, you can have the most famous sweet dish in Agra called Petha which is available in different flavors.
5. Keep a day for a sightseeing tour. Visit the Mankameshwar Temple or the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception. Get awestruck at the famous Fatehpur Sikri or simply walk down Paliwal Park. Later in the evening, enjoy the local food of the city at the famous Sadar Bazaar.
How To Get Around Agra
1. Auto Rickshaw - It is one of the best ways to get around in Agra. Auto rickshaws are reasonably priced and widely available.
2. Taxi - It is a convenient mode of transportation to get around the city. Make sure to negotiate the fare before you get on the vehicle. For instance, you can hire a car for a half or full-day tour depending upon your plan.
3. Walk - Walking through Agra is an ideal way to experience the city in its purest form. You can opt to stay in a hotel near The Taj and that way you can walk to the gate of the Taj. It is a good option to explore the city on food until the weather becomes too hot. It can then take an exhausting turn.
4. There are animal-powered rickshaws which you will find mostly around the Taj Mahal. You can hire them to take you to the gate of the iconic Taj Mahal. Yes, this mode of transportation is limited and will go no longer than the Agra Fort.
Situated in Uttar Pradesh, Agra attracts tourists from all over the world. It takes you to the timeless masterpieces of the Mughal era. A perfect mix of culture, good food and history, it is one such city that you must definitely visit on your trip to India. Agra tour packages by Swan Tours are tailor-made to offer maximum comfort to travelers as well as a thrilling getaway. Enjoy visiting the top tourist spot of the city, local food, and much more by booking our Agra tour packages at the best prices. You can even get the packages customized according to your preferences and have the most thrilling experience in this historical city.