If you want to pay a visit to Bhutan for winter vacation, then the ideal time to visit the place is during the months of January and February when you get the best of climate (subtropical) that is cool and clear without interrupting your transfers and travels.
This time of the year is not much crowded as it creates an ideal environment for a vacation for all the travel enthusiasts, marking the beginning of the winter. There is so much to explore in Bhutan, that you can't get enough of the amazing sightseeing attractions, so you can make the most of the place within five days. From solo travelers to the group vacationers, Bhutan welcomes all to its abundant scenic landscapes, diverse culture, amazing architecture, and sightseeing endeavors.
Winter tour packages to Bhutan is the best because it poses forward an ideal environment, a favorable climate that makes it ideal for sightseeing and transfers, the tour packages are cost-effective, and the best place to experience the several places and also the adventures.
1. Gangtey Monastery - This is regarded as one of the best places to visit in the winter months. It is situated at an elevation of 3000 meters in the Gangtey village that offers you amazing views of the black mountains and Phobjikha valley.
2. Punakha Dzong - This is a winter-friendly sightseeing spot that is a major attraction built before 400 years ago, situated at an amalgamation of the Mo Chhu, and Po Chhu rivers. If you want to reach this place, then you need to take a short hike after crossing the Suspension Bridge.
3. Royal Manas National Park - The Royal Manas National Park is renowned as the Crowned Jewel that is the oldest national park of the country considered as the “conservation showpiece of the Kingdom”. If you want to reach the park, then it will take you 2 days from Thimphu on a road drive to reach the same.
4. Buddha Dordenma - This is a 51 m colossal statue of Gautam Buddha that is situated in a hilltop in Thimphu that is Bhutan's capital where you can witness more than a lakh of miniature Buddhas inside the mammoth statue. You get enlightened and feel peace inside you after visiting this place by car.
5. Phuentsholing - This is a big town that is situated in the Chukha district, sharing its boundaries with the Jaigaon town of India. You will be utterly happy to explore the diverse culture of the Indian, Nepalese and Bhutanese living together at this place with unity. The major attractions here are, Zangtho Pelri Lhakhang, Kharbandi Goemba, Bhutan Gate, and others.