Pahalgam is one of the essential places that tourists love to visit in Jammu and Kashmir, on their holiday. It is a beautiful hill station with splendid natural beauty of the natural landscape that stands apart with lush greenery and alluring Himalayas on the backdrop. You will come across a lot of green fields and farms that are filled with different species of flora varying from one another. Some of the best things that are popular here are fishing, the witnessing of an 18 hole golf course, trekking, that gets embedded in your memories forever.
Best favorable time to visit Pahalgam
The most suitable time to pay a visit to the hill station of Pahalgam is throughout the year, depending on the choice and convenience of the tourists. But, the months from March to November remain the most favorable tenure for the holiday getaway as it is a good escape from the sweltering places. You can count on sightseeing ventures, trekking, and many other activities here. If you are a snow lover, then you can count on the place during winter months.
Things to do in Pahalgam
The best things to do in Pahalgam are as follows:
1. Trekking is one of the most popular activities that one can count on their visit. During the months from April to June, trekking can be chosen as the best adventure sport in Pahalgam along the river banks, streams and also the grove of pines to get an unforgettable experience.
2. White River Rafting is another adventure sport that is explicitly fmous in Pahalgam during the months from April to September, for the travel and adventure enthusiasts. You will love to raft amidst the natural landscape which never fails to entice its onlookers and admirers.
Places to visit in Pahalgam
Some of the major attractions in Pahalgam are:
1. Aru Valley: This is one of the most favorite spots of the tourists in Pahalgam that is filled with lush green forests, grasslands, thick wilds, and also streams of water with mountain peaks that are snow clad, on the backdrop located exactly 11 km away from the city center.
2. Betaab Valley: The Betaab Valley is another exquisite location to encounter, 6 km away from the city. You will come across a lot of Buddhist caves that you can count on from the Rajmachi Village.
3. Lidder River: This mighty river originated from the Kolahoi Glacier and is spread across an area of 73 km at the mouth of Jhelum. You will love the stroll along the greenery, tranquil waters, fir mountains, and the splendid scenery.
4. Mamleshwar Temple: This is one of the most popular pilgrimage spots located in Pahalgam that is dedicated to the shrines of Lord Shiva made out of stone. Hundreds of pilgrims every year visit this temple to pay homage surrounded by the beautiful green lands.
5. Lolab Valley: This valley is situated in the northern district of Kupwara in the state of Jammu and Kashmir that is laid in the lap of nature. Other than that, you will be delighted by the pristine culture of the people who are caring and hospitable out there.
If you are planning a trip to Jammu and Kashmir, then get covered by an exclusively customized tour package for Pahalgam that is designed and put forward by Swan Tours, at the most suited rates.