Wayanad is a rural district in Kerala that is located in Southwest India. With a population of 8.17 lakhs, it is a home to numerous tourist spots that makes it one of the major destination for a holiday across India. If you plan to visit Wayanad as your next holiday getaway, then make your way to the place by booking an exclusive tour package for Wayanad at Swan Tours that is both budget-friendly and customizable.
|Best Wayanad Tour Itinerary||No. of Days||Price*|
|Wayanad Family Packages||05 Days / 04 Nights||Rs.16,510|
|Wayanad Summer Packages||06 Days / 05 Nights||Rs. 18,500|
|Wayanad Honeymoon Packages||06 Days / 05 Nights||Rs. 18, 999|
|Pristine Wayanad And Coorg Tour||08 Days / 07 Nights||Rs. 26,999|
|Romantic Coorg & Picturesque Wayanad Holiday||09 Days / 07 Nights||Rs. 37, 500|
Wayanad is a place that is blessed with an exquisite climate that stays constant throughout the year. However, the best time to visit the place is during the winter months from October to May when the climate supports a perfect vacation in the midst of the hills and lush green trees.
Starting from the climate to the several activities that you get to explore, there are multiple facts that entice the visitors to this place. But, the tour to Wayanad becomes successful only when you attend the Poopoli Wayanad Flower Show. This festival or event in Wayanad marks the commencement of the year in the month of January. This is the biggest flower show in the state of Kerala to showcase the best versions of horticulture and floriculture.
With natural ecstasy forming the coverage of the place, Wayanad is filled with historical caves, waterfalls, beautiful climate, plantations and wildlife to explore. These are some of the major sightseeing spots that you can explore once you are in Wayanad.
1. Banasura Dam: Banasura Dam is the largest earthen dam in the whole country that lies in the lap of the Banasura hills. This place welcomes the ones who love nature and is home to a plethora of adventurous activities like, trekking and speed boating are the most favored here.
2. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: Filled with unique species of both flora and fauna, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is the home to a large number of tourists who visit the place to watch the rare or endangered species inhabited there.
3. Edakkal Caves: The Edakkal Caves is 96 ft long and 22 ft. wide which is 18 km away from the city center. This cave is popular for the exquisite rock and wall carvings. YOu can carry out some of the major adventurous activities here like, boating, trekking, and kayaking.
4. Soochipara Falls: The most fascinating thing about this falls that makes it attractive is that it is three-tiered. If you are likely to visit this spot, then the best time is from the month of July to January.
5. Sulthan Batheri: This is the largest town in Wayanad that is known for its tourism. Apart from that, it is a commercial town that has many sightseeing attractions like jungles, caves, hills, greenery and other alluring factors.
6. Thirunelli Temple: If you wish to take a pilgrimage tour in and around Wayanad, then the Thirunelli temple is one of the most ancient ones that is dedicated to the shrines of Lord Vishnu. The architecture has something that allures it visitors, considering it a sacred temple of the place.
The ones who choose airways will land at Calicut International Airport that is considered to be the nearest to Wayanad. The distance from Calicut airport to Wayanad can be covered by any vehicle hired!
The ones who wish to travel to Wayanad via trains will be getting down at the Nilambur railway station that is the nearest to the same. Apart from that, the railway station in Kozhikode is also considered important, from where you can take a vehicle to reach Wayanad.
Q. Why is Wayanad a perfect holiday spot for honeymooners?
Ans: Wayanad is a cool place with beautiful sceneries, dense trees, and an alluring climate that serves as one of the best honeymoon destinations for the newlywed couples.
Q. What are the best cuisines in Wayanad?
Ans: Some of the enticing local cuisines in Wayanad are:
Q. Which are the best items to shop in Wayanad?
Ans: Some of the items that you can buy when you are in Wayanad are, coffee, tea, honey, herbal plants, bamboo articles, spices, and handicrafts.
Q. Can I visit Wayanad during summers?
Ans: It is advised to plan a tour to Wayanad in the winter months from October to May for the climate allows you to undergo sightseeing, adventures and everything included.
Q. Which is the nearest airport to Wayanad?
Ans: Kozhikode (Calicut) Airport is the nearest airport to Wayanad.
Q. Which are the things to do in Wayanad?
Ans: Some of the major activities that you can participate in Wayanad include:
Q. Which are the best hotels to stay in Wayanad?
Ans: The deluxe spots to stay in Wayanad are: