|Best Amritsar Tour Packages
||No. of Days
|Amritsar Wagah Border Tour
||02 Nights / 03 Days
|Dalhousie Dharamshala Amritsar Tour Package
||04 Nights / 05 Days
|Exotic Kerala Tour from Amritsar
||05 Nights / 06 Days
|Golden Triangle with Amritsar Golden Temple
||07 Nights / 08 Days
|Magical Rajasthan Tour from Amritsar
||07 Nights / 08 Days
What is the best time to plan a tour to Amritsar?
If you are decisive to plan a holiday to Amritsar, then the best time that you can fetch is from the month of September to December and again from February to March when the weather remains pleasant for sightseeing. January has a sudden fall in the temperature that even reaches 5 degrees and summers are too hot that reach a maximum of 40 degrees in the month of June and July.
How to reach Amritsar?
If you are likely to board a flight to travel to Amritsar, then Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport is the nearest airport that is connected to all the major cities both in India and abroad.
If you opt train to reach Amritsar, then there are direct trains from all the major cities that drop you to the Amritsar Railway Station.
Places to Explore in Amritsar
There are a large number of sightseeing places in Amritsar that you cannot get tired of. Here are some major attractions to spot!
1. Golden Temple: This Gurudwara is the cultural and religious ensemble of the Sikh community that holds the shrine of Sri Harmandir Sahib or Swarna Mandir. It was designed by Guru Arjan Sahib followed by its foundation laid by Muslim Saint Hazrat Mian Mir Ji in the year 1588.
2. Wagah Border: Lying 28 km away from the city center, the Wagah Border is the road border lying between India and Pakistan. It is a major tourist attraction that is utmost popular for the flag ceremony that is conducted by the Indian Border Security Force and Pakistan Rangers.
3. Jallianwala Bagh: This place holds great historical importance that marked the Indian fight for Independence. This is a public garden that was established in the year 1951 that holds national importance for it was established by the Government of India.
4. Gurudwara Mata Kaulan: At 2 km distance from the city center, Gurudwara Mata Kaulan is located in a reservoir named Kaulan. Kaulan was the believer who got punished by the patriarchs!
5. The Partition Museum: This is the first museum in the entire world that holds the evidence of the millions of people who had gone through and suffered the consequences of the bloody partition.
6. Dukh Bhanjani Ber Tree: You will catch hold of this tree at a 2 km distance from the city centre. This basically means the reliever of pains and sorrows of the human mind and heart that makes it the most sacred tree of Amritsar holding many healing histories.
Why Should You Opt for Swan Tours for an Amritsar Tour Package?
Swan Tours is a reputed and experienced travel agency that has been operating in serving its both domestic and international clients since its inception in 1995. An Amritsar Tour Package allows you to keep aside your worries and enjoy your holiday to the fullest as all the bookings of tickets, accommodation, sightseeing transfers and travels and eateries are all covered by Swan Tours without putting a daunt on you pertaining to budget or time!
FAQs for Amritsar Tour Package
Q. Which languages are used for communication in Amritsar?
Ans: The languages used as a mode of communication in Amritsar are Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi and English.
Q. What are the local foods of Amritsar?
Ans: The local foods that you can enjoy in Amritsar are,
- Amritsari kulchas
- Chole puri and pinni
- Langar and karah prashad
- Makki di roti and sarson da saag
- Mah ki dal
- Amritsari fish tikka
- Ghee roast chicken
- Mutton Chaap
Q. Which are the best hotels to stay in Amritsar?
Ans: Some of the best hotels to stay in Amritsar include,
- Taj Swarna
- HOtel Exotic Homes
- Hotel Kabir Residency
- Fairfield by Mariott Amritsar
- Ramada Amritsar
- Amritsar Grand
- Hotel Shivaay Grand
- Ranjit Swasa
Q. Which places must I visit in Amritsar?
Ans: The major sightseeing places in Amritsar are,
- Golden Temple
- Wagah Border
- Jallianwala Bagh
- Guru Ke Mahal
- Hall Bazaar
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
- Gurudwara Mata Kaulan
- Bibeksar Sahib
Q. Where is Amritsar located?
Ans: Amritsar is a city in northwestern India, in the state of Punjab.
Q. What is the local transport available in Amritsar?
Ans: If you are in Amritsar, and you want to travel from one place to another, then the most prevalent local transport modes include, taxis, auto, buses and rickshaws.