North East Tour Packages
Arrival in Darjeeling
Soon on your arrival at the New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) or Bagdogra Airport (IXB), the Swan Tours representative will receive you and transfer you to the hotel that is already pre-booked for your stay. Darjeeling is known to be one of the most sought tourist spots in Northeast where you can get the insights of the mountains that are snow-clad, Lush green tea gardens, valleys and much more to admire and experience. Once you reach the hotel, undergo the check-in formalities and stay overnight post exploring the nearby markets.
Darjeeling Local Sightseeing
Early morning at 4:00 AM depart for a guided drive to the Tiger Hill (Subject to availability of Permit / Token from the respective authority) for the splendid sunrise that is one of the major attractions of the tourists visiting this place. After visit return at the hotel. Post breakfast carry out your visit to the Ghoom Monastery, Peace Memorial, and Batasia Loop post which you will spend time visiting the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Ropeway, Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee, Self Help Center, Tea Estate, Natural History Museum (Sunday Closed) and Peace Pagoda and also the Mall shopping area to shop for souvenirs. After returning to the hotel, stay overnight post having dinner.
Transfer to Gangtok
After you finish off the morning breakfast, you will experience the guided transfer to Gangtok from Darjeeling that is 3 to 4 hours away from the former. Gangtok is the capital city that is famous for its spellbinding beauty of the valleys, greenery, mountains and much more that you can count upon. Moreover, you will pay a visit to many places when you reach Gangtok namely, Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Research Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten (Stupa), Enchey Monastery, White Hall, Flower Show. After the day comes to an end, check-in the hotel that is pre-booked and stay overnight.
Excursion to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
After having breakfast, you will leave for an excursion to the Tsomgo lake and Baba Mandir which is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites of Gangtok. After this, you will leave for the Nathu La Pass (confirmation of permit is subject to approval from government authorities.) that is 20 km away post which you will return to Gangtok. Shop for souvenirs in the evening at Mall Road and stay overnight after having dinner in Gangtok.
Departure from Gangtok
Wake up to the morning breakfast and start with your packing. Check-out from the hotel in Gangtok and leave for Guwahati. Before that explore the Research Institute of Tibetology, Do Drul Chorten, Enchey Monastery, White Hall, Flower Show, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Tashi View Point, and Banjhakri Falls. Once you reach, you will leave for hometown thus, ending the Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Packages. Book North East India tour packages with Swan Tours at best price.
|Hotel Category||Package cost per adult|
|Above cost is based on minimum six adults traveling together, sharing three double rooms. All transfers and sightseeing by Non AC Sumo / Xylo / Similar. Any increase/ decrease in the strength of the group would change the pricing. Rates valid for Indian Nationals only.|
|Standard||Jagjeet Sikkim Retreat||Jagjeet Yuma|
|Deluxe||Greendale Residence||Hotel White Yak - Golden Roots Hotels & Resort|
|Super Deluxe||Summit Golden Crescent Resort & Spa||Summit Swiss Heritage|
|Superior||Royal Orchid & Spa - Jain Group||Summit Hermon Hotel & Spa|
|Luxury||Keepsa Residency & Spa - Jain Group||Sinclairs Hotel|
|Premium||Sinclair’s Hotel||Viceroy Darjeeling *|
|Premium+||The Elgin Norkhill *||The Elgin Darjeeling *|
|Accommodation in above or similar category hotel|
- Pick up from and drop at New Jalpaiguri Railway station / Bagdogra airport by non a/c vehicle.
- Inter city transfers from NJP/Bagdogra – Darjeeling – Gangtok – NJP/ Bagdogra by non ac vehicle.
- Accommodation for 02 nights at Darjeeling.
- Accommodation for 02 nights at Gangtok.
- 04 breakfasts.
- 04 dinners.
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please note that the vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- All applicable hotel taxes as of today including GST
- Air Fare / Train fare throughout the tour.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, porter-age etc.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees, video camera permits during sightseeing.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client directly).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Permit Charges for Nathula Pass extra @ Rs.7000 (Approx) per vehicle for max 6 guests and confirmation of permit is subject to approval from government authorities.
- Any other feature which is not mentioned in the "Cost includes" column.
Highlights of Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Package
|Tour Name:||Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Packages|
|Tour Duration:||04 Nights / 05 Days|
|Starting Price:||Rs. 14, 999 /- Per Person|
|Accommodation||Hotel Shambhu / Sunrise Residency|
|Destinations Covered:||Darjeeling » Gangtok|
|Darjeeling to Gangtok Distance||97.9 km|
|Best Time to Visit Darjeeling Gangtok||April to June|
Tour Plan for Darjeeling and Gangtok
- Visit Tiger Hill to eyewitness a beautiful sunrise
- A memorable ride Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (Toy Train), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Directorate of Handicraft & Handloom, White Hall & Flower Show
- Enjoy a fun cable car ride in Darjeeling and Gangtok
- Yak ride at Tsomgo Lake and Visit Baba Mandir
- Explore Rumtek Monastery, Do-drul Chorten and Research Institute of Tibetology.
- Visit to Happy Valley Tea estate, Batasia Loop.
- Explore Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological Park
Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Packages
North Eastern states allure tourists with its terrific verdant valleys, hilly streams, lush green forests, huge tea gardens, snowcapped hill tops, mighty rivers, tribal culture, vibrant fairs as well as festivals, every bit of North East India seems like magic. Taking you one action better to paradise, everyone who's a tourist by heart, must go on a North East trip at least when in their life time.
If you are a travel lover, plan your holidays and visit the paradise on earth.
Get ready to explore the grandeur of North East India with our Mesmerizing Darjeeling Gangtok tour package. The 4 Nights and 5 Days' tours covers all the destinations of the two beautiful locations in India. Tranquil, picturesque, breathtaking, inviting, simultaneously, Gangtok as well as Darjeeling are perfect destinations to intend a family holiday or a honeymoon in India. Stray to Darjeeling & Gangtok, both hilly charmers with this 4N/5D bestselling tour package to make your India go to a memorable.
Best Time to Visit Darjeeling – Gangtok
The climate in Gangtok in the months of September and also October is favorably mild and also pleasing. The temperature during this time around of the year snuggles at an array from 15 levels to 20 degree as offers spectacular foliage. The temperature slightly drops to 12 degree during the months of November as well as the temperature level in Gangtok in December and January varies in between 2 level and 8 degree, which is freezing cold. In the spring, from February to March, the Gangtok weather receives a mild temperature level that snuggles at 15 degree to a maximum of 22 degree.
During the summer that are from April to June the temperature in Gangtok ranges from 20 degree to an optimum of 27 degree and also is the ideal time when one can locate and uncover a cherishing holiday.
How to Reach Darjeeling – Gangtok
Darjeeling hill town is 98kms from Gangtok. You will certainly obtain private taxis along with shared jeeps from the taxi stands at Chowk Bazaar and Gandhi Road. It takes about 4 hrs to get to Gangtok from Darjeeling the course is at first using Ghoom/Jore Bunglow, then along Peshok roadway down to Teesta Bridge where it meets NH31A.
About Darjeeling Gangtok Tourism
Tourist Places to Visit Around Darjeeling and Gangtok
Kalimpong SikkimTawang Bhalukpong Lohit Kaziranga National Park Majuli Island Kamakhya Temple Guwahati Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden Manas National Park Tezpur Nameri National Park Kakochang Waterfalls Umananda Island Assam State Museum Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary Haflong Lake Imphal Shillong Mawsynram Umiam lake Dimapur Tiger Hill Happy Valley Tea Estate Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park Batasia Loop Darjeeling Ropeway Lake Tsomgo Pelling Lachung Tawang Monastery Cherrapunjee Mawsamai Caves Living Root Bridges Nohkalikai Waterfalls