Located in West Bengal, Kalimpong is an exquisite hill station that is known for the beauty it holds pertaining to the views of the Teesta valley, the foothills of the Shivalik ranges, the old Buddhist monasteries, old churches, flower markets and so on.
The most pleasant time that you can choose to pay a visit to Kalimpong for a holiday is during the summer months from March to May and also in monsoon months because it is a hill station that is an escape from the scorching sun and offers brilliant weather for your sightseeing and transfers from place to place. Book North East India holiday packages with Swan Tours at best price.
Places to Visit in Kalimpong
There are a lot of places that you can count on when you are in Kalimpong like,
1. Durpin Dara Hill is situated in the town of Kalimpong amidst the snow-clad Himalayas and the Teesta river along with the valleys and the famous Zang Dhok Palri Monastery.
2. Cactus Nursery is a place where you get the largest number of commercial flowers that specialize in the cultivation of exotic flowers that look beautiful and smell pleasant.
3. Morgan House is located 3 km away from the city that was built in the 1930s by Morgans. It is the colonial example of architecture that is believed by the local people to be haunted.
4. Deolo Hills is located 4 km away from the city center and is elevated at a height of 2000 m from where you can get panoramic views of the city with beautiful sunrise and sunset points.
5. Jang Dong Palriffo Brang Gompa had been brought into effect by the Dalai Lama is 1976. It is built in the Buddhist style with paintings on the walls and the sacred Kunguyar serves as an important feature of the monastery.