Alwar is known as the Tiger Gate of Rajasthan and is located at 150 km south of Delhi and 150 km north of Jaipur.
Highlights of Alwar
|Location:||Alwar District in Rajasthan|
|Recommended Duration:||1 Day|
|Best Time To Visit Alwar:||October to March|
|Festival in Alwar:||Alwar Festival,|
|Nearest Railway Station:||Alwar Junction Railway Station|
|Tourist Places in Alwar:||Siliserh Lake » Bhangarh Fort » Bala Quila » Garbhaji Falls|
There are a lot of places that will leave you spellbound in Alwar like, Bhangarh fort, lakes, nature reserves like Sariska Tiger Reserve and heritage havelis along with the Mega Alwar Trade fair held at Dussehra Ground that displays handmade Papier-mâché. Other than the ones mentioned, you can also count on the Sariska Tiger Reserve, Bala-Quila, Bhangarh Fort, Pandu Pol and other temples surrounded by the Aravalli hills and colorful markets where you will find beautiful items for it is the oldest places in Rajasthan. The most favorable time for you to visit Alwar is during the winter months from October to March for the summers are too hot that will be unbearable for you to visit places and transfer from one sightseeing spot to another. Alwar is also popular for festivals such as the kite festival and the festival of colours -holi.
Places to visit in Alwar
1. Baba Qila Fort - This Fort is located 4 km away from the Alwar city and is about 1000 feet in height with 15 large and 51 small towers with marble columns and lattice window balconies.
2. Bhangarh - Bhangarh is located at a distance of 61 km that holds historical importance in Alwar for its historical ruins which makes it a remarkable haunted place in the country. For its adventurous aura, visitors visit this place every year that is located between Jaipur and Delhi.
3. Sariska National Park - After covering a distance of 32 km from the city, you will discover the habitat of wildlife in the Sariska Tiger Reserve that is situated on the foothills of Aravalli Hills.
4. Moti Dungri - Moti Dungri is located at a distance of 2 km and is known for its Ganesh and Lakshmi temple that is also considered as one of the most favorite spots of the tourists.
5. Sariska Palace - Sariska Palace is 2 km away from the city center that was the poaching lodge of the Maharaja of Alwar. It is admired by the tourists for its grand architecture and its natural surroundings.
About Rajasthan Tourism
Rajasthan Tour Operator Fairs and Festivals of Rajasthan Where to go in Rajasthan Packing tips for Rajasthan Foods of Rajasthan How to Reach Rajasthan Tourist Places in Rajasthan Weather in Rajasthan Culture of Rajasthan Art and Craft of Rajasthan Things to do in Rajasthan
Tourist Places to Visit Near Alwar
Popular Things to Do in and Around Alwar
Camel Safari Elephant Ride in Rajasthan Kalbelia Dance Festival Desert Safari Jeep Safari in Rajasthan Trekking in Rajasthan Hot Air Ballooning Kite Flying in Rajasthan Boating in Rajasthan Zip Lining in Rajasthan Bird Sanctuary Pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan Wildlife in Rajasthan Folk Music & Dance of Rajasthan Camping in Rahasthan Cuisine in Jaisalmer Palace On Wheels Train Tour Indian Maharaja Train Tour
Popular Sightseeing Attractions in Rajasthan
Chittor Fort Kumbhalgarh Fort Ranthambore Fort Hawa Mahal Gagron Fort Amer Fort Jaisalmer Fort City Palace JaipurMonkey Temple Shekhavati Abhaneri Step Well Sightseeing Around JaisalmerJaigarh Fort Mehrangarh Fort Blue Pottery Jaipur Nahargarh Fort Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer Jal Mahal Places to See and Where to Eat in Jaipur