Bikaner is the desert town of the camel festival which is known for its vibrant culture, art, architecture, palaces, and forts along with its festivals. It is also called as one of the three great desert kingdoms of Rajasthan, the place boasts of the historical charm, camels, that are the best-known riding animals and also the house of the only models of the biplane used by the British in World War 1.
Highlights of Bikaner
|Location of Bikaner:||Bikaner district in Rajasthan|
|Best Time to Visit Bikaner:||October to March|
|Tourist Attractions in Bikaner:||Historical Monuments, Palaces and Temples|
|Recommended Duration:||1 to 2 Days|
|Nearest Railway Station:||Bikaner Junction|
|Major Festival:||Bikaner Camel Festival|
If you are likely to travel to Bikaner, then the best time that you must choose is from October to February for Rajasthan is sweltering during the summer months when the heat of the sun is unbearable on the part of the tourists. Make sure that you visit the Camel Festival and enjoy the delicacies, camel rides and displays along with the other shopping for souvenirs throughout the festival.
Places to visit in Bikaner
There are a lot of beautiful attractions that you can count on when you are in Bikaner, and the same has been mentioned below:
1. Junagarh fort - The Junagarh Fort is one of the most famous forts that is frequently visited by the tourists throughout the year, located in the arid region of the Thar Desert and is known for its architecture and carvings in the Mughal styles.
2. Karni Maata temple - The temple of Karni Mata is known to be sacred for it has huge followers. To visit the same, you will have to travel 30 km from Bikaner where you will witness thousands of rats that inhabit here.
3. Lallgarh Palace - The Lallgarh Palace is located 3 km away from the city center that had been built between 1902 to 1926 that have been influenced by the Britishers and Rajput along with Mughal and European style of architecture.
4. National Research Centre on Camel - The National Research Centre on Camel is an important is one of the most-sought tourist attractions in Bikaner that is open during afternoons.
5. Gajner Palace - The Gajner Palace is a lakeside palace complex that is close to the wildlife sanctuary located in the middle of the Thar desert. You will come across the lush green gardens with a lot of facilitations available.
About Rajasthan Tourism
Rajasthan Tour Operator Fairs and Festivals of Rajasthan Where to go in Rajasthan Packing tips for Rajasthan Foods of Rajasthan How to Reach Rajasthan Tourist Places in Rajasthan Weather in Rajasthan Culture of Rajasthan Art and Craft of Rajasthan Things to do in Rajasthan
Tourist Places to Visit Near Bikaner
Popular Things to Do in and Around Bikaner
Camel Safari Elephant Ride in Rajasthan Kalbelia Dance Festival Desert Safari Jeep Safari in Rajasthan Trekking in Rajasthan Hot Air Ballooning Kite Flying in Rajasthan Boating in Rajasthan Zip Lining in Rajasthan Bird Sanctuary Pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan Wildlife in Rajasthan Folk Music & Dance of Rajasthan Camping in Rahasthan Cuisine in Jaisalmer Palace On Wheels Train Tour Indian Maharaja Train Tour
Popular Sightseeing Attractions in Rajasthan
Chittor Fort Kumbhalgarh Fort Ranthambore Fort Hawa Mahal Gagron Fort Amer Fort Jaisalmer Fort City Palace JaipurMonkey Temple Shekhavati Abhaneri Step Well Sightseeing Around JaisalmerJaigarh Fort Mehrangarh Fort Blue Pottery Jaipur Nahargarh Fort Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer Jal Mahal Places to See and Where to Eat in Jaipur