Ajmer is popular for the Dargah Sharif that is the tomb of Moinuddin Chishti that is located at a distance of 130 km away from Jaipur and 14 km from Pushkar in Rajasthan.
Highlights of Ajmer
|Location of Ajmer:||Ajmer District in Rajasthan|
|Recommended Duration:||1 to 2 Days|
|Best Time To Visit Ajmer:||October to March|
|Major Festivals in Ajmer:||Urs of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti|
|Nearest Railway Station:||Ajmer Junction (1.5 kms)|
|Tourist Places in Ajmer:||Ana Sagar Lake » Dargah Sharif » Brahma Temple » Baradari|
The Mughal architecture is brilliantly admired by the tourists visiting the place throughout the year, especially during the festivals like the death anniversary of Saint Moinuddin Chishti. Other than that, Ajmer has other signs of spiritualty related to the Golden Jain Temple that holds religious importance for the Jains. The best time that you can choose to pay a visit to Ajmer is from the month of October to March that is the winter season. The summers are too scorching followed by the monsoons which is a better season than the summers but rains can act as spoilsport at times.
Places to visit in Ajmer
The best places that you can choose to visit when you are in Ajmer are as follows:
1. Ajmer Sharif - Ajmer Sharif dargah is the reason why people travel to Ajmer every year. This is the tomb of saint Moinuddin Chishti, making it one of the holiest places for not only Muslims, but people of all faith.
2. Ana Sagar - This lake is artificial that was constructed in the 12th century by Anaji Chauhan. It is spread across an area of 13 km and is also surrounded by green gardens with features of marble pavilions.
3. Akbar's Place and Museum - Located at a distance of a km away from the city, Akbar's place and Museum had been constructed at the center of the town that is earnestly visited by the tourists throughout the year.
4. Nareli Jain temple - This is an utterly preferred pilgrimage spot for the visitors that is located 6 km away from the city center, on the outskirts of Ajmer. It is a beautiful place that was constructed with beautiful marble with attractive designs embedded.
5. Clock Tower - The clock tower is situated at the Church Road in Alwar that is a royal facade of the Rajputana times that is entirely famous historically.
About Rajasthan Tourism
Rajasthan Tour Operator Fairs and Festivals of Rajasthan Where to go in Rajasthan Packing tips for Rajasthan Foods of Rajasthan How to Reach Rajasthan Tourist Places in Rajasthan Weather in Rajasthan Culture of Rajasthan Art and Craft of Rajasthan Things to do in Rajasthan
Tourist Places to Visit Near Ajmer
Popular Things to Do in and Around Ajmer
Camel Safari Elephant Ride in Rajasthan Kalbelia Dance Festival Desert Safari Jeep Safari in Rajasthan Trekking in Rajasthan Hot Air Ballooning Kite Flying in Rajasthan Boating in Rajasthan Zip Lining in Rajasthan Bird Sanctuary Pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan Wildlife in Rajasthan Folk Music & Dance of Rajasthan Camping in Rahasthan Cuisine in Jaisalmer Palace On Wheels Train Tour Indian Maharaja Train Tour
Popular Sightseeing Attractions in Rajasthan
Chittor Fort Kumbhalgarh Fort Ranthambore Fort Hawa Mahal Gagron Fort Amer Fort Jaisalmer Fort City Palace JaipurMonkey Temple Shekhavati Abhaneri Step Well Sightseeing Around JaisalmerJaigarh Fort Mehrangarh Fort Blue Pottery Jaipur Nahargarh Fort Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer Jal Mahal Places to See and Where to Eat in Jaipur