Chittorgarh is renowned as the city of pride and honor, and known as the capital of Mewar. It is the land of forts, citadels, ruins and also folklores of heroism. Chittorgarh is located in the Southeastern region of Rajasthan and is famous for the Chittorgarh fort that is the largest in India spread across an area of 700 acres.
Highlights of Chittorgarh
|Location of Chittorgarh:||Rajasthan, India|
|Best Time to Visit Chittorgarh:||September to March|
|Known for:||The heroic spirit of Rajput warriors|
|Recommended Duration:||1 to 2 Days|
|Major Festivals in Chittorgarh:||Rang Teras – The Tribal Fair, Meera Mahotsav, Teej|
The most aspiring fact that the places popular and awe-inspiring for is the self-sacrificing of Rani Padmini to conquer the fort of Alauddin Khilji. If you want to meet up the most famous places for sightseeing in Chittorgarh, then they include, the Meera Temple, the Kalika Mata Temple, the Gau Mukh Kund, and the Bassi Wildlife Sanctuary. The most suitable time to count on this place for a vacation is during the winter months of October to March for the other times of the year experience too much heat and sudden downpours.
Places to visit in Chittorgarh
Some of the places to visit in Chittorgarh are mentioned as follows:
1. Chittorgarh Fort is counted among one of the oldest and largest forts in India that enshrines the pride of the Rajputs during the era of history. It was previously known as the capital of Mewar and holds relevance for the culture and values of Rajput upheld till date.
2. Gau Mukh Kund is located within the Chittorgarh fort that is also known as the Tirth Raj of Chittorgarh. It is one of the most visited places by the devotees for it is considered as one of the most spiritual places in Rajasthan.
3. Kirti Stambh is located 2 km away from Chittor in Rajasthan that is one of the most popular forts that have been constructed in India. It is built in the Solanki style of architecture with numerous windows and balconies that display the style of the Digamber sect of architecture.
4. Kalika Mata temple is another famous pilgrimage center in Chittorgarh that is considered so sacred that your trip does not seem to be complete without visiting the same and paying homage.
5. Sanwariaji Temple is located at a distance of 31 km that is dedicated to the shrines of Lord Krishna and is located in Mandaphia. It is most often visited by a large number of tourists and devotees while commuting between Chittorgarh and Udaipur.
About Rajasthan Tourism
Rajasthan Tour Operator Fairs and Festivals of Rajasthan Where to go in Rajasthan Packing tips for Rajasthan Foods of Rajasthan How to Reach Rajasthan Tourist Places in Rajasthan Weather in Rajasthan Culture of Rajasthan Art and Craft of Rajasthan Things to do in Rajasthan
Tourist Places to Visit Near Chittorgarh
Popular Things to Do in and Around Chittorgarh
Camel Safari Elephant Ride in Rajasthan Kalbelia Dance Festival Desert Safari Jeep Safari in Rajasthan Trekking in Rajasthan Hot Air Ballooning Kite Flying in Rajasthan Boating in Rajasthan Zip Lining in Rajasthan Bird Sanctuary Pilgrimage sites in Rajasthan Wildlife in Rajasthan Folk Music & Dance of Rajasthan Camping in Rahasthan Cuisine in Jaisalmer Palace On Wheels Train Tour Indian Maharaja Train Tour
Popular Sightseeing Attractions in Rajasthan
Chittor Fort Kumbhalgarh Fort Ranthambore Fort Hawa Mahal Gagron Fort Amer Fort Jaisalmer Fort City Palace JaipurMonkey Temple Shekhavati Abhaneri Step Well Sightseeing Around JaisalmerJaigarh Fort Mehrangarh Fort Blue Pottery Jaipur Nahargarh Fort Sightseeing Places in Jodhpur and Jaisalmer Jal Mahal Places to See and Where to Eat in Jaipur