Highlights of Mehrangarh Fort
|Sodagaran Mohalla, Jodhpur, Rajasthan-342006, India
|9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Open on all days)
|Museum Entry Fees:
|Indian visitors- Rs.60 | Foreign visitors- Rs.400
Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, an epitome of glory and royalty, is amongst the largest and also most gorgeous forts of India. It is one of the major tourist attractions often visited by tourists from all over the globe. Rudyard Kipling has aptly claimed that the fort is “a palace that could have been built by Titans as well as colored by the early morning sun”.
Best Time to Visit the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur
The ideal time to visit this royal splendor is throughout the winters. During October to March, the weather is pleasurable and it is the best time to explore this stunning fort. If you see visit during this period, you can also belong of the international events that happen right here. Scroll to read more about them!
How To Reach Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur
You can fly to Jodhpur to explore this stunning fort. Jodhpur has its own domestic airport and is connected through flights to major cities of India. Jodhpur is also attached to different cities via a variety of trains including the lavish ‘Palace on Wheels’. One can also take the government or private buses or travel by road in hired or private cars.
Once in Jodhpur, reaching to Mehrangarh is a easy task. You can work with auto rickshaws or take a taxi to the fort since that the frequency of city buses is not really high in Jodhpur. If you remain in old town, the fort is a plain 2 km away and also around 10 km from the city centre.
What is inside the fort?
- Sheesh Mahal
- Phool Mahal
- Jhanki Mahal
- Mehrangarh Fort Museum
- The Chamunda Mataji Temple
- Chokelao Mehran Terrace
Also Visit – Tour Packages to Rajasthan
- Mehrangarh Fort was built in 1438 by Rao Jodha, after whom the city of Jodhpur is named.
- The wall of of the fort has a height of 118 feet as well as a size of 69 feet that shield the huge location of it.
- There are different royal places located inside the walls of the citadel, which have their separate, unique identities with complex Rajasthani carvings and design.
- Two ancient temples places are also located in the fort, which, in addition to the rest of the building, bear the work of over 500 centuries of different musicians.
- The gallery inside the fort includes relics and also ancient artefacts that come from not just the royal families of Rajasthan, however likewise of the Mughal dynasty culture.
- Jaswant Thada is a popular tourist destination that is often visited along with Mehrangarh fort, and royal memorials built in marble on a serene lakeside location.
- Umaid Bhavan Palace is another famous tourist spot where the Maharaja of Jodhpur still lives.
Other sites near Mehrangarh Fort include Khejarla Fort, Balsamand Lake, Kailana Lake, Ranisar Padamsar, Gulab Sagar Lake, Ganesh Temple, and Pal Balaji temple.