Shimla is famous as the former summer capital of India that is situated at an elevation of 2200 m in Himachal Pradesh. It is the largest city that is nestled upon beautiful hills and dense forests bring one of the most-sought hill stations for both honeymooners or backpackers every year.
Once you are in Shimla with any of the Shimla travel packages, you will come across many bakeries, cafes, Mall Road for shopping and strolling, adventures like camping, trekking, cottage stay, and others alike, along with the colonial building's architecture that is admirable.
Best time to reach Shimla
The most advisable time to reach Shimla is from the summer months of March to June to get away from the sweltering summers in other states of the country. The temperature in Shimla varies from 15 to 30 degrees during these months that is perfect for sightseeing, relaxing and transfers from one place to another.
Places to visit in Shimla
You can visit a plethora of places in Shimla and the same are:
1. The Ridge - This is the most famous point of Shimla that is located on the Mall Road right at the center of Himachal Pradesh that is loved for the beauty of the place and the views of the environs it has to offer.
2. Kalka Shimla Toy Train - If you wish to enjoy a memorable ride of the toy train, then just 3 km away from Shimla center you get to experience the ride along the beautiful and picturesque routes.
3. Shimla Christ Church - This church is located at the Mall Road, in Shimla which holds huge importance being the second oldest in North India with neo-gothic architecture and interiors that is appealing to the eyes.
4. Jakhoo Temple - This is known to have the best and world's largest Hanuman statue that is visible from far off place at Shimla. This is believed as the most sacred pilgrimage site and worshipped by all!
5. Green Valley - If you travel 5 km away from the city center, you will be witnessing the Green Valley that seems to make Shimla look scintillating. The lush greenery and beauty of the place tends to mesmerize you here!