Khajjiar is known as the Mini Switzerland of the country that is a popular hill station, at an elevation of 6,500 m that is visited by numerous tourists throughout the year. The gleaming natural appearance of the environs makes this place a popular honeymoon and vacation destination in India. There are several lakes, meadows, forests and vegetation to admire in this place with many Rajput and Mughal kingdoms that once existed making this place historically important.
The best time to visit Khajjiar
You can visit this hill station at any time of the year, but the most suitable time is during the summer months from March to June when you can experience cool breeze and moderate climatic conditions away from the other parts of the country followed by the winter months from December to February where one can experience snowfall.
Book tour packages to Himachal with Swan Tours at best price
Places to visit in Khajjiar
Apart from engaging into a number of adventurous sports like zorbing, paragliding, and horse riding, you can find a lot of places that you can pay a visit when you are around in Khajjiar. Access the places through any of the best selling Delhi to Himachal Pradesh tour packages from Swan Tours.
1. Khajjiar Lake: This lake is located in Khajjiar that lies in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh that is situated at an altitude of 1920 m above the sea level. The lake derives its name from Khaji Nag that is the deity believed to be very sacred.
2. Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary is home to a lot of species like the Leopard, bear, deer, langur, jackal, Himalayan Black Marten, Barking Goral and countless beautiful birds that you can easily spot here.
3. Golden Devi Temple: If you want to pay a visit to the best pilgrimage spot, then Golden Devi Temple is the one in Khajjiar that you can visit with lush greenery and a golf course surrounding it.
4. Khajji Nag Temple: Another famous temple that you can visit in Khajjiar is the Khajji Nag Temple that was constructed in the 12th Century that is dedicated to the Lord Shiva with a wooden structure since the mythological times.
5. HP Handicrafts center: Hop through the shopping hubs where you can come across the shawls, woollen apparel, caps and many other traditional items that are available here.