When you count the best hill stations in India, you will recall the most famous Manali that is situated between the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges that offers amazing views of the peaks that are snow-capped, the lush greenery, and also the rich fauna and flora with shopping and sightseeing ventures throughout.
You will find the place very enticing because of the meadows with flowers, freshness in the breeze and also the cafes and eateries serving local food. If you are eager to know more about Manali, pick any of the exclusively designed Manali vacation packages, at Swan Tours.
Best time to visit Manali
The best time to visit Manali is during the summer months of March to August or experience snowfall and thrill in the winter months of November to February.
Places to visit in Manali
There are several places to count in Manali namely,
1. Solang valley - Located 8 km away from the city center, Solang Valley is one of the most favorite destination of tourists across the country and beyond. It is also known as the Snow View Point that has snow-capped peaks and glaciers to admire and enjoy several activities.
2. Rohtang Pass - This is another major attraction that one must not skip while turning up for Manali. It is the stretch that connects Manali to Himachal's desert-like locations like, Spiti and Lahaul, which are basically known as the snow deserts.
3. Hadimba Temple - If you want to count upon any of the unique pilgrimage places in Manali, then Hadimba Devi Temple is the one that is the only temple of Bheem's wife holding relevance since the times of Mahabharata. The place is surrounded by the bevy of rich dense deodar trees and annually the Hidimba festival is also celebrated here.
4. Manikaran - This is a small town that lies between the Parvati and Beas rivers with beautiful natural landscapes and water springs surrounding. There is one of the most popular Gurudwara called Manikaran Sahib that is a major pilgrimage center for the Sikhs.
Things to do in Manali
- Chandratal Baralacha trekking
- Dip into the Vashisht Baths
- Skiing and paragliding in Manali
- Beas Kund Trek
- Deo Tibba Trek
- Bara Bhangal Trek