Best Months to Visit: December to April
Recommended Duration: 1 Day
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
Elevation: 1,868 m
Area: 13 km²
District: Nuwara Eliya District
Postal code: 22200
Visit Nuwara Eliya
Nuwara Eliya is also known as the city on the plain and is the hill station of Sri Lanka which is known for its tea production with a lot of gardens and lakes surrounding its atmosphere,that is an epitome of sceni beauty. You will get introduced to the colonial era structures overlooked by the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka that is Pidurutalagala.The best thing about this place is its temperate climate which seems to be the collest part of the country that attracts a lot of visitors throughout the year. For the spectacular landscape it keeps and the beautiful sights from the Lake Gregory which was constructed in the year 1873, this place is known as the Little England. The best time to pay a visit to this place is during the Sinhalese New Year, that is in the month of April when the climate is at peace gathering the maximum crowd of vacationers.
Places to Visit in Nuwara Eliya
There are a lot of places that you can visit when you are in Nuwara Eliya and some of them have been mentioned below:
1. Victoria Park is located at a distance of 3 km away from the city and is a well maintained site which is the perfect geographical setting for the tourists who can enjoy greenery, beautiful family outings, time with their partners, and also enjoy watching birds of vivid species/
2. Pedro tea estate is another famous place which is a huge tea estate that is located right at the center of Nuwaru Eliya and is known for the cultivation of Pure Ceylon tea that are cultivated on the terraces of the Pidurutalagala mountain. You will love to watch out the greenery and also the workers picking the tea leaves.
3. Gregory Lake is a local reservoir which is located a km away from the city that is a popular tourist spot where you can enjoy the recreational activities and was named after Sir William Gregory in the year 1873 during the colonial era.
4. Lovers leap is located at a distance of 3 km away from Nuwara Eliya which is a beautiful waterfall to watch with your near and dear ones. It is one of the most sought places that you can visit when you are in Sri Lanka for the Pedro tea estate which is adjacent.
5. Seetha Amman Temple is one of the best pilgrimage spots that you can count on, while you are sightseeing in Sri Lanka. This temple is dedicated tothe shrines of Sita Devi who is the daughter of Mother Earth and wife of Lord Rama according to Ramayana.
For more information on nuwara eliya tourism, nuwara eliya travel guide and holiday packages to Sri Lanak contact Swan Tours or call 011 23415601.