Colombo Tourism - Colombo is Sri Lanka's most important city for tourist. The official capital, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, is likewise within the urban area of Colombo, so Colombo is usually called the capital of Sri Lanka also, the city has a rich colonial heritage, as well as also some extremely beautiful and also lovely tourist attractions.
About Colombo Tourism
The inheritances of majestic Colombo's garden origins are still lot of intact alongside its often-shady boulevards. Ft is a fascinating location thanks to ongoing remediation of its spots colonial style, while Pettah brims with shopping markets & also rampant business. Even traffic-clogged Galle road is obtaining spiffier with glossy brand-new hotel.
List of Top 5 Reasons to Visit Colombo, Sri Lnaka
1. Visit Sunsets - Explore the sunsets in Colombo, Sri Lanka are really wonderful. Head to Galle Face Environment-friendly boardwalk to enjoy this magnificent program as you roam amongst food stalls, street suppliers, and also eat outside.
2. The Nightlife - Explore the beachfront of Mount Lavinia is a most preferred location for clubs and bars with tourists and citizens alike. The event takes place until dawn.
3. Build a Connect with Nature - Sri Lanka is a cheerful tourist place for youngsters where children can visit nature. There are lot of interesting tourist attractions that could catch their fancy and also leave an imprint. In Kosgoda, you may options to witness the turtle marking procedure. Or take them boating on the Beira Lake causing an appealing island, which can be rather exhilarating.
4. The Food - The Colombo is a best location for street food, with stalls anywhere offering little packages of veggies as well as rice. Bakers offer vegetable, fish, egg and also the seafood dining establishments are excellent.
5. The Elephant Safari and Village Tour - Habarana, situated (210 kilometers) north eastern from Colombo is the transportation point for the large herds of wild elephants at the National Parks of Minneriya as well as Kaudulla.
Prepare for an impressive elephant safari as you intrigue in this 4 hr task, starting at around 10 AM from Habarana.
The elephant safari would certainly take you over the main road, the paths, towns, jungles, swamp, river and lot of tourist places. Post this start a watercraft trip to envision neighborhood village life.
How to Reach Colombo
Air: The most previously owned Airport terminal of both in Colombo is the Bandaranaike International Airport. It is important that the Sri Lankan Airlines currently connects Colombo with over 100 international locations, guaranteeing constant flights to Colombo in Sri Lnaka. The Airport terminal is around (30 kilometers) far from the city and one can take taxis, buses or tuk-tuks from airport to the town.
By Rail: If you are in Sri Lanka, among the most reliable and easy way to travel around would be via rail. The main terminal at Colombo is the Fort Railway Terminal and has solutions to as well as from prominent cities like Kandy, Nuwara Eliya and much more.
By Road: Colombo is additionally attached to various other cities by numerous expressways. Travelling by road can turn out to be enjoyable as you get to experience the country side as well as various other landscapes of the exotic island. There are a variety of taxi as well as bus solutions you can avail to get around. Travelling within the city is additionally no hassle as there are well well-known government bus solutions, tuk-tuks and also taxis available for the travelers.
Colombo Tourism one of the most visit tourist places in Sri Lanak, Under the Koppen environment category, Colombo has an exotic gale weather and conditions. The city has a positive warm environment throughout the year. Downpour period is primary throughout the year. (May to Aug) as well as (Oct to Jan) are the downpour periods. On a standard, the temperature level is always high, staying between (22 levels C) and also (30 levels C). January is the driest and also most popular month, May is the wettest and also September is the coolest month. The city obtains an ordinary rainfall of regarding 2400 millimeters a year.
List of Must Visit Tourist Places in Colombo, Sri Lnaka
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara
- Seema Malaka
- Bally’s Casino
- Colombo Dutch Museum
- St. Lucia’s Cathedral
- Galle Face Green
- The Independence Square
- Jami Ul-Alfar Mosque
- National Museum of Colombo
- Beira Lake
- Viharamahadevi Park
- Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple
- Attidiya Bird Sanctuary
- Mount Lavinia
- Dehiwala Zoo
- Old Galle Buck Lighthouse
- Traditional Puppet Art Museum
- Arugam Bay Beach
For more information on colombo tourism contact Swan Tours or call 011 234145601.