Best Months to Visit: December to April
Recommended Duration: 2 to 3 Days
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
Nearest Airport: Bandaranaike International Airport (80 kms)
Nearest Railway Station: Aluthgama Railway Station (3.5 kms)
This place is known for its beaches, parties along with the water sports that makes the place immensely interesting. It is famous for being one of the most sought after tourist destinations in Srilanka which has pristine waters, beach shores, palm fringes and also the beautiful resorts that it houses.
Bentota has been derived from the local language which means a demon who once ruled the Tota river bank. A lot of tourist activities can be done in this coastal town , various water sports like, snorkelling and scuba diving along the blue waters with alluring landscapes surrounding. If you are out for sightseeing in Bentota, then you will come across the beautiful Bentota Bay Beach, where you will discover the turtle hatcheries, Brief gardens, local Buddhist temples, landscapes and holy waters which are the most sought features of the place.
Best Time to Visit Bentota
The most ideal time to catch this place as a vacation spot is during the months from November to April which is the winter season. The sea remains calm, the weather all brightened up and the perfect time for snorkelling, diving, sailing, windsurfing, water-skiing and deep-sea fishing. Enjoy the coastal food, and also treat your eyes to the best version of natural landscape .
Places to visit in Bentota
1. Cinnamon Island apart from being an interesting name is a beautiful island which is located at a distance of 65 km from Colombo and you can witness the spice, Cinnamon in plenty for the production that happens here.
2. Moragalla Beach is another awesome location which is situated between the Bentota and Beruwala beaches and has a peaceful shore unlike others with blue waters and golden sands making the place even more enticing awaiting tourists.
3. Ventura Beach is one of the most breathtaking beaches which you cannot miss out on as the golden sands, luxurious hotels and resorts along with the beautiful water sports and activities allow you to enjoy at the fullest.
4. Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project is on the west coast which is motivated towards conserving and rescuing the sea turtles so that all the eggs are hatched safely and are away from the predators who tend to destroy their lives.
5. Dedduwa Lake which is located to the east of the Bentota is known for the marshy lands, the tranquil water bodies along with the presence of Dedduwa Lake with villas and boat houses. For more information on holiday packages to Sri Lanka contact Swan Tours or call 011 23415601.