Varkala is known as the hidden treasure of Kerala that is a coastal town in the Southern Part of Kerala, right adjacent to the Arabian Sea. Once you are here in this beautiful place, you will experience alluring environs, beaches, hills, lakes, fisheries, the majestic Jardana Swami Temple that is known as the Dakshin Kashi along with the bright culture and global music that is prevalent in the place since long.
The best time to pay a visit to Varkala is during the winter months that is between the months of October and February because the temperature is not extremely cold or chilly and stays moderate throughout the year. There is a fair level of humidity where the cold breeze prevails, adding to the charm of the place with chances of rainfall during the summer months.
Famous Places to Visit in Varkala
1. Varkala Beach: If you are here in Varkala, do not skip the Varkala Beach that is set 2 km away from the city center, from where you can experience the best ventures of the location from the cool breeze to the enticing sands and clear waters surrounding.
2. Edava Beach: This place is a mesmerizing location that is famous for the blue lagoons, the sea waters, backwaters and also the unparalleled natural atmosphere that you get to experience right with your favorite people traveling with you.
3. Thiruvamdabi Beach: If you are ready to visit the Thiruvamdabi beach, then you will be extremely delighted to come across the beautiful white sands and also the lush green coconut trees making the location the best picnic spot all across in Varkala.
4. Anjengo Fort: Located 9 km away from the city center, you will witness the Anjengo Fort that is as old as the 17th century and is known for being protected by the National Heritage monuments.
5. Sivagiri Mutt: Located in the Thiruvananthapuram district of Kerala, Sivagiri Mutt is one of the most renowned ashrams of Shri Narayana guru where the most known events annually include, Guru Deva Jayanti and Guru Deva Samadhi in the months of August and September.
Things to do in Varkala
- Visit the Black Beach for Shopping, Yoga and Reiki
- Go for an ayurvedic treatment or Yoga
- Watch a Sunset
- Explore Mathatitu Yoga Ashram
- Visit the Beaches
- Get the Adrenaline Rush or learn a soothing skill
- Tourist Places to Visit in Varkala
- Varkala Beach
- Kappil Beach, kappil
- 590 Cliff
- Anjengo Fort
- Papanasam Beach
- Varkala Aquarium
- Kaduvayil Juma Masjid
- Sivagiri Mutt
- Janardanaswami Temple
- Varkala Lighthouse
- Ponnumthuruthu Island
- Sarkara Devi Temple
- Vishnu Temple
- Varkala Tunnel
- Kaduvayil Thangal Dargah
- Thiruvambadi Beach
- Yoga 590
For more information on Varkala tourism or kerala holiday packages contact Swan Tours or call 011 23415601.