If you wish to catch both nature and spiritual pilgrimage sites in one place, then Trivandrum is the ideal stop for all the travel enthusiasts. Not only does the place surround you with the best climatic conditions, but also an urban charm and richness in culture along with a lot of scenic places to pay a visit. The Padmanabhaswamy temple that is also known as the Anantha Padmanabhaswamy temple that is a must-visit spot located right at the center of the city and dedicated to the holy shrines of Lord Vishnu with sculptures of the temple that are crafted in the Dravidian and Keralan style of architecture. Other places to come across are Attukal Bhagawati temple, the Aazhimala Siva Temple, the Karikkakom Chamundi Devi Temple, and the Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple.
If you wish to visit Trivandrum for a getaway, then the months from October to February that is the most pleasant time to visit all the places peacefully and also ascertain tranquil transfers.
Book travel packages to kerala with Swan Tours at best price.
Places to Visit in Trivandrum
Some of the most attractive tourist spots to explore in Trivandrum are as follows:
1. Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary: This wildlife sanctuary is the home to various beautiful species of both fauna and flora like the Lion and Deer Safari along with a crocodile farm making the place utterly admiring and unique. You will also come across the elephant rehab center and have a guided tour of the sanctuary with detailed information about everything counted.
2. Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple: This is one of the most popular pilgrimage spot that stands apart in Trivandrum, located 19 km away from the same. You will come across the gold-plated temple that is one of the 108 Divya Desams in the dharma of Vaishnavism purely dedicated to the holy shrines of Lord Vishnu or his incarnation Lord Padmanabha.
3. Poovar Island: Located at a distance of 21 km, you will come across the Poovar Island that is a small coastal village that expresses the best of natural landscape and has been an important center of trade for spices, timber and also sandalwood.
4. Agastyarkoodam: Situated at a height of 1,868 m, you will discover Agastyarkoodam that is the Agastya Mala Peak within the Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary after the Hindu Sage Agastya. You can come across trekking for the heights demand the same along with a breathtaking view from the height of the part of the city below.
Popular Tourist Places to Visit in Thiruvananthapuram
- Kuthiramalika Palace Museum
- Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Napier Museum
- The Kanakakunnu Palace
- Priyadarshini Space Planetarium
- Vizhinjam RockCut Cave
- Thiruvananthapuram Zoo
- Attukal Bhagavathy Temple
- Vizhinjam Lighthouse
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple
- Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple
- Hawa Beach
- Shanghumukham Beach
- Chowara Beach
- Neyyar Dam and Wildlife Sanctuary
- Veli Tourist Village
Things to enjoy in Trivandrum
- Local Foods
- Fairs and Festivals
- Sightseeing Places