Kozhikode was formerly known as Calicut that is known as the former colonial city of trade and tourism. It is one of the most-sought attractions of Southern India because of the presence of serene beaches, lush greenery widespread, and the marketing products like pepper coconut, coffee, rubber, lemongrass oil, etc. It is also geographically rich and strong with its neighboring districts namely, Kannur, Malappuram and Wayanad.
Best time to visit Kozhikode
The most favorable time to make a visit to Kozhikode for a vacation are the months of autumn and winter (October to March) as the weather conditions are pleasant during this time. The summers and monsoons are very humid, that spoils many of your plans pertaining to the transfers and local sightseeing ventures.
Book tours to kerala with Swan Tours at best price.
Things to do in Kozhikode
There are numerous things to experience while roaming places in Kozhikode. Some of them are as follows:
1. Experience the backwaters in Kozhikode where you can come across the backwater lagoons and also the cruises on the houseboats which you will be delighted to experience.
2. Visit the Kozhippara falls on a road drive, that is situated on the borders of Kakkadampoyil offering amazing views of the environs that can be welcoming to the trekkers and swimmers.
3. Thusharagiri Falls: Thusharagiri Falls is located in the Western Ghats of the Kozhikode district of Kerala =, located in a small village that is full of serenity and peace.
4. Beypore: This is an ancient port town that was known as Vaypura and Vadaraparappanad. This place has played a huge role in being one of the most popular trading centers in Kerala.
5. Mananchira Square: This place is blessed with natural significance with man-made freshwaters that have witnessed famous football as Manachira Maidan. The natural presence is one of the best things to admire at, in the place.
Must-Visit Tourist Attractions in Kozhikode
- Kozhikode Arch Dam
- Kozhikode Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hill View Park
- Kozhikode Waterfalls
- Thattekad Bird Sanctuary
- Eravikulam Wild Life Sanctuary
List of Fairs and Festivals of Kozhikode
- Malabar Mahotsavam
- Jalotsavam Festival
- Malabar Pepper Fest
- Kondotti Nercha at Kondotti Mosque
- Uru a special ship of Kozhikode