The Guruvayur Temple is the most famous for being the third-largest temples dedicated to the shrines of Lord Krishna. It is believed to be one of the 108 most divine Vishnu temples in the world similar to Sabarimala and Tirupati.
Visit Guruvayur Temple
Just 3 km away from this temple you will discover the Guruvayur Devaswom elephant sanctuary that is again one of the largest elephant sanitariums in the World that is known as Punnathurkotta. Annually, the Guruvayur festival is held from the months of February to March where you get to enjoy the elephant race. To reach the temple, the roadways namely taxi or bus seems to be the most convenient means.
Book holiday packages to Kerala with Swan Tours at best price and discover temples in Kerala
Tips to Visit the Guruvayur Temple
- Only Hindus can visit the temple
- Shoes must be removed outside the temple
- Heads must be covered before entering the temple
- Traditional dresses are mandatory to visit the temple
- You need to be patient for it may take you long hours of wait in the queue inside the temple for worship
- Any sort of electronic devices or gadgets are prohibited
- No leather products are allowed inside the temple
- Food and beverages bought from outside are not allowed inside the temple