Mcleodganj is a popular hill station near Dharamshala that is known to be the land of the Dalai Lama who is the Tibetan leader. It is a beautiful town that lets you admire the beautiful peaks, the meadows that are filled with greenery, cool and moderate climate, the beautiful streets and also the pristine settlements of Tibetans that brings tourists annually to this place for a honeymoon, family vacations, and solo backpackers.
Best time to visit Mcleodganj
The best time to pay a visit to Mcleodganj is between the months of October to February if you wish to experience the chilly cold weather with temperature varying between -1°C and 9°C. Or you can also choose any of the months between the summer months of March to June to strive away from the scorching heat in other places. Visit Mcleodganj and witness all the popular sightseeing ventures with any of the Himachal Trip Packages, at Swan Tours.
Major Tourist Attractions in Mcleodganj
1. Bhagsu falls - This is one of the best locations for sightseeing in Mcleodganj where you meet the beautiful atmosphere, natural sceneries and also the clear waters that add to your breathtaking memories.
2. Namgyal Monastery - You will witness the Namgyal Monastery that is situated within the Tsuglagkhang complex that is the home to the Dalai Lama. You will discover various other shrines, temples, bookstores, souvenir shops etc.
3. Triund - This is a popular trek that is 9 km away from Mcleodganjthat is nestled to a height from where you can get beautiful views of the Moon Peak-Indra Pass that is a spectacular spot for picnics.
4. Bhagusunag temple - If you are 3 km away from the city center, then you get to meet the beautiful greenery and pools at your visit to Bhagsunag temple that is situated at a height of 1770 m above the sea level that is visited by millions every year.
5. Tibetan Museum - This is a very popular museum that is located inside the Tsuglagkhang complex with an excellent collection of Tibetan art forms including pottery, paintings, handicrafts and so on.