Essential Info on Chadar Trek
State: Jammu and Kashmir
Length: Approx. 65 miles (105 km) one way
Trailhead: Chiling Sumda
Season: January to February
A Complete Guide to Chadar Trek
Guide to Chadar Trek, among one of the most popular adventurous as well as exhilarating treks in the world, provides the most effective chance to discover a whole new world in the Zanskar Valley. This travel guide to chadar trek will help the travelers to beat all the obstacles while travelling via the frozen Zanskar River, unraveling the enigma of the Himalayas.
The reduced areas of this gorge are most preferred in summer seasons with visitors parading in for river rafting expeditions. In winters the Zanskar River ices up and also trekking enthusiasts flock to this region to delight in hiking excursions.
Why Chadar is the most glamorous trek in India
- The Chadar frozen river trek is an exceptionally extravagant trek. It is very easy to see why. Travel publications around the world show incredible images of Buddhist monks strolling bare feet on the frozen river.
- It is a 07 day trip in unwelcoming situations. It is a trek over an icy river in Ladakh, ordinary mean temperature level during the day is minus 10. In the night, temperatures fall to minus 20 as well as 25.
- With lot of layers as well as practical trekking, the Chadar trek is not a really difficult trek. But what sets it apart is its distinct experience in the life. Whatever about it is one-of-a-kind: the landscapes, temperature, environment, the frozen river, sledges, and caves as well as the ever before transforming Chadar.
The Preparation: Suggestions from an average trekker
1,300 feet above sea level, a mandible chilling enchanting neighboring, and also a violent river all set to break the earth anytime it desires, all of this for a range of practically seventy five kilometers to Zanskar valley. We are particular you are not intending on walking in your shoes with a stick in one hand and also a portable audio speaker in various other.
It really does require all the prep work in the world of hiking and one have to begin preparing with at-least month in hand. Thus below are a couple of tips from an average trekker:
What to do on the Chadar Trek
- Allow a close friend or relative find out about your routine. This way, a person can come for your help in situation of any emergency.
- Maintain cozy clothing with you as the temperature can plunge thoroughly.
- There can be a shortage of food as well as water throughout the route. Therefore you have to keep adequate edibles as well as water with you.
- Important to carry first-aid kit as well as medicines as the trek is requiring and obtaining swellings and also cuts is really typical.
What not to do on the Chadar Trek
- Do not clutter anyplace and also ruin the luster of the path. The path holds a fascinating scenic view and it is the responsibility of every traveler to maintain it.
- Do not use soaps as well as hair shampoos in waterfalls as it infects them. Moreover, the neighborhood citizens utilize this water for drinking objective; thus you need to keep it clean.
- Regard the peace of the temples that fall en course.
- Never ever overlook the ideas and also standards provided by the guide.
- Never ever skip a dish as there is a demand of high power.
- Do not forget the weather forecast.
For more information on Chadar Trek contact Swan Tours or call +91 11 234145601.