Gangtok Tour Operators
Tour Operators are many, but while making a choice you cannot experience and lend your trust to several hands and heads of all. Swan Tours is motivated towards offering you the mesmerizing Gangtok tours which not only has experience of time, but also in making travel memorable for its clients who are enthusiastic travelers. Every traveler is different and expects to extract the best services out of the investment they make by trusting and relying upon the tour and travel operator, and Swan Tours understand this by abiding by the needs and its fulfilment in the best possible manner. No matter if you are a solo backpacker, a family vacationer, or a honeymooner, Swan Tours is such a Gangtok Tour Operator which aims to outwardly offer the top-notch quality of services through bookings that broaden your trust and get you circle back time and again.
Tour Operators in Gangtok
Gangtok is a brilliant place to spend your vacation, being an awesome hill station in Northeast India that is not only rich in geography but also in culture and beauty. There are several tour packages for Gangtok that you can count upon and get it customized or personalized in a manner that becomes a perfect and worthwhile tour plan for both domestic and international tourists. Deciding which package to choose becomes even more easy, when you connect with the best tour operators in Gangtok and get them to map your travel through the standard of budget, lifestyle, duration and other inclusions that concern you.
Travel Agency in Gangtok
A tour to Gangtok is one of the best things that you can plan for it is a high-altitude destination and part of the seven sisters of Northeast, India. The place Gangtok gets you to the most magnificent form of nature where you get welcomed by the beautiful hills, amazing snowfalls, majestic mountain Kanchenjunga, tea plantations, farms, and green vegetation, and the Tibetan Flags hoisted everywhere. With any of the 3 nights 4 days Gangtok Tour Packages, or 2 nights 3 days tour packages for Gangtok, you get to count on all the amazing things that are just mentioned with an environ of peace and tranquil activities and pristine culture of the tribes. From your arrival at the New Jalpaiguri railway station (Siliguri) or Bagdogra Airport (Siliguri), you will be guided throughout your transfers and sightseeing on the trip to Gangtok, by the tour representative of Swan Tours.
Best Time to Visit Gangtok
The best advisable time to visit Gangtok for a vacation is during the months from September to October and again from March to June that are the shoulder months with the most pleasant climate. This climate supports sightseeing and also allows your safe and easy transfers. During winters, Gangtok is too cold and monsoons receive vigorous downpours proving inconvenient. If you are assisted through the best tour agency in Gangtok, then you need not worry about getting alarmed about the best time that you can fetch a tour package for Gangtok.
Best Ways to Reach Gangtok
The nearest airport to Gangtok or Sikkim is the Bagdogra Siliguri and the nearest railway station is also in Siliguri. Gangtok is connected to all the major cities in the country as roadways are also a supportive means of transport from Siliguri to Gangtok.
The local transportation that you can count on your travel to Gangtok include buses, taxis, and jeeps that are both economical and also convenient for all types of travelers. You will surely be assisted by the tour operators in Gangtok while you travel from place to place for sightseeing and safe transfers.
Places to visit in Gangtok
1. Nathu La Pass - Located at a distance of 23 km from the main city center, Nathu La Pass is the one that connects Sikkim to Tibet which is situated at an elevation of 4310 m. This was also renowned as the ancient Silk Route and to visit this place, one needs a permit, though only Indian citizens are allowed to see the Indian side of the pass on certain days.
2. MG Road - MG Road is one of the most renowned shopping hubs in Sikkim and has an excellent nightlife. You can explore a lot of local shopping items, handcrafts and also a lot of cafes, restaurants, and hotels that are lined up for its tourists.
3. Rumtek Monastery - Located at a 7km distance from the city center, the Rumtek Monastery is one of the most sacred monasteries holding Buddhist importance for both the local and other citizens visiting this place for paying homage from faraway places. You can find crowds of devotees throughout the year.
4. Tsomgo Lake - This lake is located at a distance of 16 km away from the main center of the city that is situated 35 km from Gangtok. This lake is believed to be sacred and holy for the Sikkimese people for years.
5. Ganesh Tok - Ganesh Tok is one of the most spiritual spots that is dedicated to the shrines of Lord Ganesha. It is located at a distance of 7 km away from Gangtok, at a height of 6500 m that is visited quite often by the local residents and also the Hindu people who hail from outside the city.
6. Namgyal Institute of Tibetology - This is a museum that is constructed and designed in a traditional manner with a Tibetan style architecture. It houses famous arts and artifacts of the ancient historical and cultural times of the Vajrayana Buddhism and the Tibetan culture.
7. Kanchenjunga - This is the third-highest peaks in the world that is breathtaking, surrounded by the borders of Sikkim, Tibet, and Nepal. Kanchenjunga is a Tibetan name that locally means the five treasures of the high snow implying the five repositories of the almighty namely, gold, silver, gems, grain, and holy books.
8. Baba Harbhajan Singh temple - This temple is situated on the road that passes from the Nathula and Jelepla Pass, dedicated to shrines of the samadhi of Baba Harbhajan Singh that is built amidst the beautiful panoramic views. This temple is dedicated to a saint who is believed to guard the lives of the soldiers along the borders!
9. Himalayan zoological park - Amidst the lush green dense wildlife reserve, you will admire the surroundings and the rich fauna species of the Himalayan zoological park which is located at a distance of 3 km away from Gangtok, at a height of 1,780 m.
10. Reshi Hot Springs - Gangtok has beautiful famous hot springs that are famous for its geographical location. It holds huge religious importance since the historical times and is just an hour away from the Rangit River Valley.
Things to do in Gangtok
The most favorite things to do in Gangtok are as follows:
- Baba Mandir Tour
- Tsongmo Lake Tour
- Phodong Monastery tour
- Tashi View Point trip
- Namchi Day Tour
Events that you must attend in Gangtok
International Flower Festival: This is a famous festival that includes the display of a number of flora species that are admirable. This is conducted in the month of May and several species like orchids, gladioli, roses, cacti, alpine plants, creepers, climbers, ferns, herbs and much more.
In the month of June, this festival is celebrated by the locals of Gangtok and is considered as one of the prominent occasions. A lot of rituals are performed along with processions, rituals, prayers and also distributing alms to the needy. The customs are celebrated to the remembrance of the Buddha.
Shopping in Sikkim
Gangtok is an enchanting hill station where shopping is one of the most famous activities performed by tourists for the special local things found here.
- Canvas Paintings
- Wall Hangings
- Gangtok Handicrafts
- Tibetan carpets
- Sikkim Tea
- Black cardamom
- Hand-carved wooden tables
- Local wine
The best place to find the above-mentioned items is the MG Marg, Lal Bazaar and also the Tobet Road.
FAQs for Gangtok Tour Operators
Q. Which is the best time to visit Gangtok?
The best time to visit Gangtok is during the months fro October to Mid- December because this is the most pleasant time for sightseeing. Moreover, you can also visit the place during the months from March to May that is the summer season when you can experience the charm of the flora blooming.
Q. How many days are sufficient for a tour to Gangtok?
If you are planning Gangtok as your next holiday getaway, then 3 days and 2 nights are sufficient for all the activities and sightseeing to all the places that Gangtok awaits.
Q. Which are the must-visit places in Gangtok?
The must-visit places that you cannot miss in Gangtok are Tsomgo Lake, Nathula Pass, Rumtek Monastery, Tashi Viewpoint, Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple, MG Marg, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Phodong Monastery, Do Drul Chorten and so on.
Q. Is Gangtok a safe place for tourist visits?
Gangtok is a safe place to be visited by tourists as it is also one of the most-sought hill stations in the country in general, and North-East in particular.
Q. Which items can I shop in Gangtok?
If you are willing to shop in Gangtok, then the most famous items that you will discover in the local markets are,
- Tibetan Carpets
- Semi-Precious Stones & Silver Jewelry
- Sikkim Tea
- Sikkimese Cups
- Buddhist Figurines & Prayer Flags
- Wall Hangings
Q. What food is famous in Gangtok?
If you are in Gangtok, then you must try your tongue in tasting the thukpa and dumplings that are the best delicacies that are both famous and relished in the state followed by beef momo, chicken fingers, thenthuk, and more varieties of non-veg dishes.
Q. What should I pack for Gangtok?
The mandatory items that you must pack for Gangtok are, woolen apparel, an extra shawl or jacket, a wind jacket, rain jackets, shoes or sneakers, socks, caps, and medicines if need be.
Q. What is the mode of communication in Gangtok?
The mode of communication in Nepali and Bhutia along with another language that is Lepcha. But, if you do not know any of them, then Hindi and English can be used for communication with the locals.
Q. Does Gangtok experience snowfall?
Yes, Gangtok experiences snowfall as it is a high altitude state of Northeast. If you visit Gangtok in the months of December to March, you might be lucky to experience snowfall.
Q. Do Indian Nationals require permit to visit Sikkim?
No, Indian Nationals do not require permits to visit Sikkim. But, there are some places like somgo Lake, Baba Mandir, Nathula Pass, Gurudongmar Lake, Yumthang Valley for which Indian citizens must obtain the Inner Line Permit that will be navigated by the tour operator.