- Plasma TV
- Free Wifi
|Validity 05 / 01 / 2017 To 01 / 03 / 2017|
About Mahua Kothi, Bandhavgarh
Nestled in the vicinity of the breathtaking Bandhavgarh National Park is the first of the Taj Safari Lodges. The name Mahua Kothi draws inspiration from one of India's most beautiful trees, the Madhuca Indica, or butter tree. Its luscious off-white flowers take centre-stage in many Indian festive rituals, and here, at Mahua Kothi, it is at the centre of many a unique and delightful experience. The lodge sprawls over the 40 acre grounds, around the renowned former tented camp, Churhat Kothi, the accommodation and facilities of the lodge blend charmingly into the quaint and rustic surroundings.
Mahua Kothi unlike any safari experience in the country so far – impeccable service and lush luxury.
Mahua Kothi promises an experience that is unconventional, focused on guests' ndividual needs and emotions, knowledgeable, sophisticated and innovative.
Lodges are not operational from 1st July onwards till 15th October, as the national parks are closed due to monsoons.
Mahua Kothi is conveniently situated in central Madhya Pradesh, near the major airports of Khajuraho (230 km) and Jabalpur (190 km) It is also just 230 kms away from the Kanha tiger reserve. It is easily accessible from the major cities of Delhi and Mumbai, too.
The nearest airport to Mahua Kothi is at Jabalpur. However, the most convenient route to Bandhavgarh National Park is to fly from Delhi to Khajuraho and then drive five and a half hours in. Though this is the longer route, the drive is very interesting. The road crosses the Ken river, where some stretches have been declared a crocodile sanctuary famous for Ghariyal, a rare fish eating crocodile. Then the road goes past Panna town, famous for its diamond mines, to the midway point from where it branches off on a subsidiary road across ridges of the Vindhyachal to Bandhavgarh.
- Fly to 5 ½ hours to Khajuraho (winter months only), and a 6 hour drive via Satna will get you to the lodge.
- Fly 3 ½ hours to Jabalpur, from where the lodge is a 4-hour drive away.
- Fly to Gwalior, take a 12-hour train ride to Umaira, from where a 40 minute drive will get you the lodge.
- Fly to Gwalior, take a train to Katni (approx. 10 hrs) and drive down to the lodge in 2 1/2 hours. You could also take a train directly to Katni from Delhi (13-14 hours).
- All trains from Delhi stop at Gwalior.
- Fly to Bhopal and take a connecting flight to Jabalpur, from where the lodge is a 4-hour drive away.
Some good reasons to book with Swan Tours
Lowest Prices, Instant Confirmations.
+480 Premium tours
We organize customised holiday packages , both domestic and international , for Families as well as Honeymooners.Read more
Customer satisfaction is Prime for us , Our strength is that more than 70% business is through repeat customers .Read more