Top 5 Luxury Hotels in Udaipur Rajasthan India
Udaipur was my last stop as part of Rajasthan vacation that took me through sandy Jaisalmer, rocky Jodhpur, and hilly Kumbhalgarh., when I arrived in the cool, green lake city of Udaipur, I was in for a bit of a shock. , I must clarify. Part of the shock was how different it was from the image that comes to mind when one imagines sandy Rajasthan, and part of the reason was how much the lake city of Udaipur looked like the pictures I had seen of the city.
Udaipur was set up in 1559 by Maharana Udai Singh as the new capital of Mewar as Chittorgarh, the past capital, was esteemed excessively defenseless due, making it impossible to rehashed assaults by the Mughals. The following 400 years saw Udaipur fighting for independence from the Mughals, repulsing their assaults, marking peace bargains with them, confronting assaults from the Marathas, then again supporting the British or opposing them; lastly consenting to join other Rajput kingdoms in framing the condition of Rajasthan after Independence.
The 400 years likewise saw the city establishing into one of India’s prettiest urban areas with simulated lakes, imperial castles for each season and climate, chateaus, gardens, and so forth. Having been there now, I can comprehend why numerous outsiders consider this city as a honeymoon destination. Enclosed by hills on, a lot of lakes, royal residences on contract, and a salubrious atmosphere, this is a pretty much as immaculate an area as one can get. Add to this the charm of royals and neighborhood Rajput history I spent a few days investigating Udaipur, meandering in the back roads of its old city, visiting the well-known City Palace on the banks of the Lake Pichola, going by remembrances and greenhouses, stuffing myself with desserts, picking trinkets and bandhini dupattas, going on boat rides.
Udaipur is a pleasant, comfortable size for a city and investigating it at my own particular pace was totally conceivable. Furthermore, local people were amicable and ever prepared for a visit — be it storekeepers or rickshawalas or chaiwalas — and a chance to impart chunks of their city to me. It was a businessperson who guided me toward the shop offering the best desserts I have ever eaten. So also, it was a rickshawala who took me to a little shop offering bandhani dupattas in unbelievable colours and shades.
Udaipur is a city that is utilized to voyagers from all over and is, in this way, an extremely vacationer neighborly city. It was a city that felt safe and lady inviting also. This was likewise the main city in Rajasthan where I was not asked “Which nation I was from?” indeed, once they became more acquainted with I was from Delhi, I got besieged with inquiries regarding my city and what life resembled there.
Travel weariness had set in when I touched base in Udaipur keeping in mind I making the most of my stay in particular, I was happy to return home too. I think about whether my Udaipur experience would have been distinctive on the off chance that it had been the primary spot I went by in Rajasthan, rather than the last!
I visited a lot of hotels in Udaipur, According to me the top 5 luxury hotels in Udaipur are :
#1. Oberoi Udaivilas
- Location: On the banks of Lake Pichola, overlong the lake and the heritage city.
- Size: The biggest resort in Udaipur spread over 50 acres.
- Design: Intricate layout of interconnecting corridors and domes surrounded by water bodies.
- Service: Unmatched Oberoi service, top awards by Conde Nast, The Traveller, etc.
- Off Season Packages: Room free for kids.
Discounted offers for The Oberoi Udaivilas Udaipur
#2. Taj Lake Palace
- Location: Taj Lake Palace is located on an island in the midst of Lake Pichola, The rooms have breathtaking views of the neighbouring City Palace, Aravalli Hills, Machla Magra Hills and Jag Mandir.
- History: The palace was built in 1746 by Maharana Jagat Singh II; Taj Lake Palace is one of the most recognisable residences in the world.
- Cuisine: The unique location is perfect for exquisite cuisines at the elegant restaurants of Taj Lake Palace. These are open only to resident guests only.
- Signature speciality restaurants at this palace serve a choice of cuisines, Neel Kamal for authentic Rajasthani; open-air Bhairo (operates only in winters) for contemporary European delicacies. In the evening, indulge in signature cocktails and martinis, the bar, Amrit Sagar.
- Service: The legendary Taj hospitality is second to none.
- Off Season Packages: Room free for kids, Third night complimentary is summers only.
Discounted offers for Taj Lake palace Udaipur
#3. Trident, Udaipur
- Location: on the banks of lake Pichola right next to Udaivilas.
- Size: Built over 43 acres, has 137 rooms and 4 suites.
- Kids Club: Children will love the signature Trident Kids’ Club, their very own paradise with indoor and outdoor games, play area and their very own tent! Enjoy a walk in our sprawling gardens regale with stories of yore at ‘Bada Mahal’ – a 150 year old wild life conservatory within the hotel premises.
- Wild life conservatory: The hotel has its own Wild life conservatory, which is extremely popular both with adults and the kids.
- Off Season Packages: Third night complimentary, Kids room Free, Happy hours is the bar.
Discounted offers for Hotel Trident Udaipur
#4. Raas Devigarh
- Rooms:The 18th century palace is converted into an all-suites hotel.
- Location: 45 minutes outside the Udaipur city, The Palace is located on hilltop facing the Delwara town.
- Perfect location from where excursions could be made to Udaipur, Ranakpur, Chittorgarh, Nathdwara.
- Package: Buy a combination package of RAAS Udaipur and Jodhpur to enjoy extra benefits.
- Housed in an imposing 18th-century palace, this heritage, all-suite hotel is set on a hilltop overlooking the town of Delwara. It lies 9 km from the ruins of the 10th-century SahastraBahu Temples.
- Contemporary suites with bright, minimalist decor provide flat-screen TVs, minibars and coffeemakers, as well as balconies or private gardens and tented terraces. A Jacuzzi and a plunge pool are available in 1 suite.
- There’s an elegant restaurant with a terrace, plus private dining areas and a bar with a tasting menu. Other amenities include a full-service spa and an exercise room, in addition to an outdoor pool, a hot tub and a croquet lawn.
Discounted offers for Raas Devigarh Udaipur
#5. The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur
- Rooms:A variety of rooms and suites are available.
- Location: Opposite, Fateh Sagar Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313004.
- Free private parking is available on site.