As you will be hiking as well as camping to the severe as well as remote areas of Uttarakhand Himalayas. Ultimate travel packing tips for Uttarakhand including of Basic Essentials during Trekking, Clothing and Other Essentials Tips, Eatables – Quick Energy during Trek, Other Equipment and Accessories required during Trek Personal Medicine Kit and much more.
Want to make a trip to Uttarakhand? Nestled in the marvelous Himalayan foothills, Uttarakhand brings in tourists from everywhere due to spiritual glory as also of its breathtaking beauty and panoramic mountainous views.
As you will be trekking and camping to the extreme and remote areas of Uttarakhand Himalayas. It is always much better to carry the adhering to things which are not easily available there.
Important Things to Carry for Uttarakhand Trip
Important things to carry, backpacking tips, hiking equipment’s and devices to pack. Make your trek comfortable and don’t miss important things which will certainly be required during trek. Right here is your full checklist for any kind of trek. Make sure you pack all these things for comfortable trekking experience.
Here is list of packing tips for Uttarakhand:-
Basic Essentials during Trekking
- An identity card – Original and Photocopies (MANDATORY)
- Back Pack & Rain Cover (50-60 liter)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (20-30 liter, If you hire mule or porter)
- 1 ltr of pet water bottle
- Floaters or Sandals, Trekking Shoes (waterproof are better during snow and rain)
- LED Torch/Headlamp (With extra batteries)
- Poncho, Rain Coat or Umbrella any one is must (Poncho are light weight, easy to carry/fit)
Clothing & Other Essentials (For winter trek: 5 layers, for general treks: 3-4 layers)
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants (Denims are not recommended for treks.)
- 1 pair of T-shirts (half and full sleeve)
- 3 Pair of Cotton Socks, 2 pairs of woolen socks
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- Thermal Wear – 1 pair (you can keep two, if going on long trek)
- One down feather Jacket
- Sun Cap, One Scarf, Light towel, Gloves (1 woolen, 1 waterproof)
- Woolen cap or Balaclava that covers the ear.(protection from cold waves)
- Dark UV Sunglasses
- Carry few plastic bags in case your clothes get wet.
Eatables – Quick Energy during Trek
- Glucose, Chocolates, biscuits, Energy bars.
- Toffees and also Dry fruits & nuts.
Other Equipment and Accessories required during Trek
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Trekking or Hiking Pole
- CAMERA with memory card and fully charged with extra batteries
Personal Medicine Kit
- Crocin – 6 tablets (for fever)
- Vomistop – 4 tablets (for travel sickness in hilly area)
- Combiflam – 4 tablets (pain killer)
- Disprin – 6 tablets (headache)
- Band aid – 10 strips
- Digene – 6 tablets (for stomach pain and digestion)
- Cotton – 1 small roll
Please Keep in mind: It is not necessary to bring each and every item discussed above, you can bring them as per your convenience and need. You can also discuss with your trek leader or tour operator regarding the weather, accessibility and other information, so that you can pack your bag accordingly.
For more information on packing tips for Uttarakhand and uttarakhand packages contact Swan Tours or call 011 23415601.